You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

A few weeks ago I got myself a new Surface Book and Affinity Photo. I wanted to test how good the touch screen works and I started drawing something. But I could not do that properly because everytime I put down my hand whilest drawing it started painting underneath my handpalm. In Windows I found the option to ignore touch input, whilest the pen is beeing used, but if I lift the pen too high the same problem occures.

Now I wanted to ask the Affinity Team if they have a solution to this problem, maybe theres a option to ignore touch input and only accept the pen.

Yours faithfully, Lukas.K

• Staff

Hi Likas.K

I have tested this on a couple of different Surface devices and with the 'Ignore touch input when i'm using my pen' option enabled  resting the palm on the screen it is ignored and the Surface ignores it and only uses input from the stylus or finger tip. can you please check that Windows is fully updated and there are no outstanding app updates from the Windows store.

• 1 month later...