You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lightroom Replacement / or "Bridge" addition

Hi, 

are you planning to include a digital assets management feature to "replace" Lightroom or even to have an addition like bridge? Macphun with their product Luminar are working on that. I work with Lightroom since version 1 and was a paid tester before it came out. I would love to see an addition with LR or Bridge features included in your excellent Affinity Photo which I use on my mac & on my iPad.

Hope to hear good news from you!

Stephan

There is growing interest in this since Adobe announced that LR 6 would be the last version with a perpetual license and that they would stop issuing updates to it this year.  MacPhun (Skylum) announced a forthcoming (2108) DAM to accompany their Luminar product.  ON1 RAW 2017 already has a DAM but it’s really a beta product  ON1 RAW 2018 looks like it will actually be a useful product.  AlienSkin’s Exposure X3 has a DAM/developer, as does Picktorial, ACDSee, etc. Then there is Capture One Pro 10 on the high end.  It seems like the competition is growing and the window of opportunity is closing.  Once the former LR 6 users settle on an alternative DAM with a perpetual license, inertia will probably keep them with the product that they choose.  Once you go through the effort of migrating a catalog, it’s hard to think about doing it again!  I would love to see Serif jump in with a DAM that plays well with AP before it’s too late!

@rainwilds try the ON1 2018 beta 3.  Not perfect but getting better and better.  It plays pretty well with AP, though it can’t deal with AP’s complex PSD eformat when you use live layers.  It wants to flatten the PSD to open it. And of course it can’t read .AFPHOTO files, which is why I want an Affinity DAM.