You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A small but very IMPORTANT UI Issue

Hi, this is a small but important issue. I would like the tab at the top of the image clearly defined when it is currently selected. It shows as a lighter grey colour as opposed to a dark colour when images aren't selected and every time you have to stop and think which tab is currently selected. Also, the same problem occurs when masking. When in selection mode the current mode is black/charcoal. The UI needs to be consistent. I am not suggesting bright pink but it would work better than what it is currently. I would suggest something like a fine red or yellow outline around the selected tab or button, something that instantly recognisable.

+1. When I load several files the farthest to the right is open. When I close that file it jumps back to the farthest to the left. Paintshop just works them from the farthest to the right leftward

Tabbing issue and goes along with a more distinctive color. Having to hunt for the file breaks workflow 

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

+1 Me too.  Highlighting the active tab is important but I would also like to see the tab width fit the length of the filename or have a default minimum.  Right now, it seems to act like Safari with the "Close X" way over to the right whereas I would much prefer the Chrome or Photoshop layout which is far more friendly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2017 at 1:22 AM, CMAffin said:

+1 Me too.  Highlighting the active tab is important but I would also like to see the tab width fit the length of the filename or have a default minimum.  Right now, it seems to act like Safari with the "Close X" way over to the right whereas I would much prefer the Chrome or Photoshop layout which is far more friendly.

Agreed A standard tab width and fix the tab order! If you load (say) 4 files the right most is active but if you close it, the farthest to the LEFT is active A small tweak would solve the confusion

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png