Sign in to follow this  
ThereIsHope

[AP] Marquee selection is inconsistent

Hello!

There seems to be a problem with the visualization of Photo's marquee selection. If I open a image and select it all, the selection doesn't always render. I have to pan/zoom-in/out a few times to bring it on screen. Some times it only renders on a corner. This is a bit confusing since I can't tell if a lost my selection or not.

Is this something you guys would be interested in fixing?

PD: And it some times renders twice as thick on some sides...

Thanks

HI ThereIsHope

I believe this is just a rendering issue with being zoomed out on an image a fair bit. It seems to mainly occur on larger images as it's trying to represent the same amount of pixels in a lesser space. The team are aware of this though

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris!

It also happens with small size images (i.e. 800x800 pixels). It's a bit frustrating if I had paint selected an area that reaches some edges of the images, then invert the selection for example. If I come back to that document there is no way to tell if the selection is inverted or not. There is no visual clue. There are probably workarounds for this. But I feel that such basic things should just work. So I can concentrate in my art work instead of spending time clicking here and there trying to make things work. The software should help the user be productive. At least that's how I believe these kind of software should work. Just my opinion.

Thanks!