Dodging and burning are for local exposure adjustments. Why would you want to apply a colour at the same time? :/

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

Hi Alfred. Thanks for your response. 

It's a technique used by some landscape photographers, and is apparently a feature of Photoshop (which I don't have or use). It's used to create tinted lighting effects. I would like to replicate the process in AP, preferably in one step. Doing it in two steps (dodge, then add color) isn't quite the same thing, and is twice the work.

Carl123 - I have tried the color dodge blend mode in AP and couldn't figure out how to make it do what I wanted, which might be pilot error. I will watch the photoshop video you linked, and see if it leads me somewhere.

You use it with a brush not the Dodge Tool, make a note of the brush tool settings he uses in the video, also by painting on a new pixel layer you can change the opacity of the Colour Dodge layer to adjust the effect if needed

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.