You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo used as extension to Photos not opening HEIC images

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 3:17 AM, susangreen said:

Isn't there a lot of tools that can convert heic to other formats? Such as imazing. In the case where the heic format is not so common, I think this is a good idea.

Sure there is. But why using other 3rd party tools? If you use AP or PS that are pro tools, you expect to be able to do that. AP for iPad already supports this format, so why not AP for Desktop?

To be fair: In the current beta (1.7) HEIC/F is supported.

Since the beginning of time, Apple had been problematic to third party users. First with propriety connection on HDD, input devices, graphic cards, scanning devices, until they got forced out of market.

With OS X, they got no choice but to go with standard devices, but they still do minor stuff like propriety HDD format, from time to time. If you are on OS X, you had to bear with such occurrences from time to time.

On 2018/11/24 at PM8点37分, chilacho said:

当然有。但为什么要使用其他第三方工具?如果您使用专业工具的AP或PS,您希望能够做到这一点。iPad for iPad已经支持这种格式了,为什么不用AP for Desktop?

公平地说:在目前的测试版(1.7)中支持HEIC / F.

really? Because my friend told me before, he used imazing. I also did not pay attention to the original Apple official has launched such a tool.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:11 AM, susangreen said:

really? Because my friend told me before, he used imazing. I also did not pay attention to the original Apple official has launched such a tool.

Not Apple launched a tool, the new beta from Affinity Photo (1.7) supports now the HEIC/F format.

The workaround you can do with Apple is to import your HEIC/F pics into iPhoto first and export them in a second step in a different format.

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2017 at 8:19 AM, Chris_K said:

Hi extensions

The desktop app currently does not support the HEIC file type at this time, we only support it on iPad at the moment. The team are aware of this any may add support in the future but it is not in the app currently

Cheers 

When are you going to fix this? You have over a year to fix it. The desktop version is essentially useless to those of us that need to edit HEIC files. The work around mentioned elsewhere is not a solution. Please change "may add" to "will add ASAP." Thank you

On 12/27/2018 at 12:13 PM, frankaj said:

When are you going to fix this? You have over a year to fix it. The desktop version is essentially useless to those of us that need to edit HEIC files. The work around mentioned elsewhere is not a solution. Please change "may add" to "will add ASAP." Thank you

frankaj,

The Photo beta has support for HEIC files. Try it out. Happy New Year! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ChristianK said:

@TBolt: The beta has limited support for HEIC: It can read it, but doesn't write it. Which make it not very useful as extension for Apples Photo.

I see. I didn’t realize you were saving back to that format. I just export into another format as needed for other uses. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...