You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Poster

Vaibnak

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Vaibnak. :)

Your poster is quite visually appealing, but I don't think the dots in the web address should be raised: people expect to see 'www.facebook.com', not 'www·facebook·com'. The orange bars at bottom right are flat compared to the ones on the left; it isn't obvious why they aren't all done in the same rounded style.

The crossbar of the 'f' in the main Facebook icon is the wrong shape, and the icon background needs to be widened to make it square, but I like the shading.

I hope you read my comments in a constructive light, as intended.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

8 minutes ago, Alfred said:

and the icon background needs to be widened to make it square….

I'm assuming you mean to inform them the background of the Facebook icon needs to be widened to be square, and not the icon background placed in the back of the poster, correct?

I'd also point out that you likely don't need the "https://www." bit before the rest of the URL. Most browsers these days should auto populate that when you type in the URL. That would make the poster much easier to read quickly, and would help make the whole thing look less cluttered.

4 minutes ago, pxls2prnt said:

I'm assuming you mean to inform them the background of the Facebook icon needs to be widened to be square, and not the icon background placed in the back of the poster, correct?

Exactly! :)

4 minutes ago, pxls2prnt said:

I'd also point out that you likely don't need the "https://www." bit before the rest of the URL. Most browsers these days should auto populate that when you type in the URL. That would make the poster much easier to read quickly, and would help make the whole thing look less cluttered.

That's a good point. There are some sites where 'example.com' and 'www.example.com' take you to pages with different content, but Facebook isn't one of those.

Alfred spacer.png

58 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Vaibnak. :)

Your poster is quite visually appealing, but I don't think the dots in the web address should be raised: people expect to see 'www.facebook.com', not 'www·facebook·com'. The orange bars at bottom right are flat compared to the ones on the left; it isn't obvious why they aren't all done in the same rounded style.

The crossbar of the 'f' in the main Facebook icon is the wrong shape, and the icon background needs to be widened to make it square, but I like the shading.

I hope you read my comments in a constructive light, as intended.

Thanks alfred for your suggestions , i am really gratefull to you . So basically i need to modify the facebook icon a bit

52 minutes ago, pxls2prnt said:

Thanks for your suggestions

2 minutes ago, Vaibnak said:

Thanks alfred for your suggestions , i am really gratefull to you . So basically i need to modify the facebook icon a bit

Yes, that's basically it. If you look closely at the Facebook logo near the top right-hand corner of your poster, you should be able to see that the right-hand edge of the crossbar isn't vertical, so you need to make the crossbar on your 'f' the same shape (and, as I mentioned earlier, the tile that the 'f' sits on needs to be square).

Alfred spacer.png