You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD 1.6.0.86 - Scale from rotation center problem

Just now, rubs said:

Hi Matej,

I believe unchecking the Show Rotation Center button will help.

Hi, rubs,

not if you want to scale text from the denoted point. Namely, you can put the rotation center in any other corner point of the selection rectangle and then ctrl-drag the "scale text" handle and it will correctly scale text from the rotation center.

Hope, that makes sense.

Cheers.

Matej

• Staff

Hi Matej,

I'm not sure I understand this correctly. Is it just the fact that having that icon in the corner prevents you from accessing the resize node - i.e the Cursor doesn't change to the scale one and instead just moves the Rotation Centre?

17 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Matej,

I'm not sure I understand this correctly. Is it just the fact that having that icon in the corner prevents you from accessing the resize node - i.e the Cursor doesn't change to the scale one and instead just moves the Rotation Centre?

Hope this helps.:)

scale problem.jpg

@Matej Junk

The rotation centre is used as the rotation point when you rotate the text, it is not used as an anchor point to scale the text.

rotate.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:31 PM, Sean P said:

just the fact that having that icon in the corner prevents you from accessing the resize node

I believe that this is the case.

Can be demonstrated by zooming in (to many 1000% and putting the center point very close to the corner (but not in the corner). The corner handle will be accessible, and will resize around the center as expected. But even a small amount of zooming out will make it impossible to grab the corner handle. Instead the mouse catches hold of the center.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.