You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mediabrowser and Plugins

Hell Affinity Team,

awesome new app. All thumbs up!

Just two requests:

1. Whats about a media browser like "Media Pro" from Phase One? This one is really fast, not lame like the Adobe Bridge :-)

2. I would like to use my ColorEfex Pro Plug In Collection (Google) in Affinity Photo

Thanks for your great products...!

Mischugo 

Die Now Live Later - KMFDM

There is already a Media Browser in AP, simply select View > Media Browser or Cmd + Shift + M to pull it up.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 2 months later...

The Media Browser is not perfect at the moment, no doubt, but it has some useful "hidden" features … in case you don’t know them, here they are:

• Right click on an image: Open with Preview, Show in Finder, Quick Look
  • There is a missing icon on the bottom left, which lets you change the list view

I use the Quick Look feature very often … and I am sure all this will be improved soon …  :)

MediaBrowser.mov

How'd you find the lower left button pop-up?!?! That combined view is mighty slick...

The Media Browser is not perfect at the moment, no doubt, but it has some useful "hidden" features … in case you don’t know them, here they are:

• Right click on an image: Open with Preview, Show in Finder, Quick Look
  • There is a missing icon on the bottom left, which lets you change the list view

I use the Quick Look feature very often … and I am sure all this will be improved soon …  :)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

It'd be cool to have a more full-featured Media Browser persona... not a full-blown DAM, but something a little beefier than the current media browser for quickly comparing and editing (not within a specific image but editing down selects and rejects) a large group of files... Maybe a 1.X upgrade...

Yeah, Myst!! One of my favorite games when I rented my first Mac in order to do my first graphic design gig, lol! Ahh, good times... Who woulda know playing Myst would help in beta testing, lol!

Have you ever played Myst or Riven, Ronny? Those old puzzle adventure games … I know, long time ago … but that’s the origin of my habit to click on everything I see …  ;)

Didn't know about that button either so thanks for that tidbit, A_B_C.  Shouldn't the Media Browser logically be accessed under the File Menu rather than over in View?  It is a way to View files, of course but it's even more a way to Open files.