You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo stitch merge align

I'd like to merge several screenshots for a higher resolution image. Panorama and focus merge do not work. They layer and blend and distort. Is there a way to do a simple stich/merge of many images for a larger image, without any exposure of focus merging? It seems the most simple merge or stitch is lacking, but it is something Photoshop can do so I assumed Affinity could do it too. 

How much are your screenshots aligned? Are you aiming for a panorama from your images? If your captured images comprise your target capture surrounded by the Photo (or other) interface, then the alignment algorithm would have problems; there would be two conflicting parts to your images. If this is the case, then you should crop the target capture (removing the Photo interface), rasterize and save each one. If you now load a panorama stack it would have a better chance of good alignment. I am assuming that you do have a reasonable overlap between adjacent images (20-25%).

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 6 months later...

Hi sdeban,

Were you able to merge the several screenshots to produce a larger screenshot? I as well need to do some simple merging and stitching of screenshots, probably the same thing as you.

Since I can only capture one screen image of the particular "WhatsApp" chat at the time, and not the full chat history, I basically have to stitch all these images together, but I don't know how to do this. Other than by cropping the images and aligning them, which seems like a very tedious process. So I'm wondering if Affinity Photo has some sort of tool to accomplish this particular task in an automated manner?

Any tips or insight of a practical work methodology on how to do this, would be more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Doryan said:

Since I can only capture one screen image of the particular "WhatsApp" chat at the time, and not the full chat history, I basically have to stitch all these images together, but I don't know how to do this. Other than by cropping the images and aligning them, which seems like a very tedious process. So I'm wondering if Affinity Photo has some sort of tool to accomplish this particular task in automated manner?

Please see the replies in your separate thread about this.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks Alfred, let me just finish preparing breakfast, and run a couple other Sunday errands, and after that I will surely immerse myself in the thread. I'm really amazed at how promptly everybody jumped in to offer help, this forum is awesome! I will definitely keep asking questions. Thanks for your kind help!