You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there!

I'm working on an Affinity project, and as I went to save it, I get an error (screenshot below) that the file couldn't be saved because it didn't have permissions to do so. I immediately suspected hard drive problems, so I went to Disk Utility, ran First Aid and is succeeded with no errors. I tried and Pages is able to save a file fine. I also tried modifying another document I had open in Affinity, then saving it and it gave an error too (screenshot below).

I know this looks like a disk error, but other apps seem able to save. Is there anything I can/should do? (Especially since I have lots of unsaved work open in Affinity right now)?

Thanks so much for your help.

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 6.12.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 6.10.59 PM.png

• Staff

Hi FluorescentTurban,

With the 1st error, did you get that when trying to save to an external drive?   

With the 2nd error, could you try saving a copy of the file to your Desktop and see if that then completes. Also what version of MacOS are you running?

11 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi FluorescentTurban,

With the 1st error, did you get that when trying to save to an external drive?   

With the 2nd error, could you try saving a copy of the file to your Desktop and see if that then completes. Also what version of MacOS are you running?

Appreciate the reply!

The error occurred with an internal SSD (the built in one that came with my 2017 MacBook Pro)

Saving to the desktop doesn't work when this error is occurring, and I'm running High Sierra.

Again, it's intermittent, so right now it seems to be working but yesterday it wasn't.