You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.86

• Staff
21 hours ago, DarkClown said:

Frankly spoken, it seems to me that some of you guys have forgotten that this is an Affinity forum and probably not the right place to discuss, advertise and worship other companies products ...
Just my 2 cents ...

This forum is  not "the right place" and it goes against the guidelines a bit, but we do encourage honest discussion and comparisons so we tend to overlook some gushing about other people's apps, unlike some other forums.

However  this is a beta thread, and this is certainly not the right place for any more non-beta discussions 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

PlugIns do not work in this Beta under undefined circumstances. I can execute the Nik Sharpener, the sharpening effect is applied in the PlugIn preview. Returning to AP it says the PlugIn was executed but no effect is shown.

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Sincs AP sadly enough does not support assets like AD I'm transfering my pictures for the last step to AD to add my logo (saved as an asset). It would be great if AP would automatically set the focus to AD after selecting the "Edit in Designer" command so I can continuosly be working on the document - instead of showing the empty AP program framework.

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Depth of Field Blur filter hangs computer.

I tried this filter on a 3261 x 4963 pixel jpg using Elliptical mode, from side to side and click "Apply".

The progression bar appears, moves slowly from left to right, and restart all over again when it reaches the end.Task Manager shows the CPU usage going up to 99% (in red) and then slowly goes back to something like 27%. Memory and Disk access don't move. Then it starts all over again... it seems it will never stop. I waited 15 minutes twice and gave up. I ended AP via Task Manager.

Filed Blur does the same.

These filters work fine in version 1.5

On another attempt, "Esc" interrupted the process and I was able to close the opened image. But the CPU kept running to the max. It went back to normal when I closed AP normally.

Intel I3 550, 6 GB ram WIn 10

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Hello.  Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing download stopping for the latest Beta?  I've double checked Internet connection, disabled Firewall and Internet Security and still all my attempts at downloading latest Beta result in stopping after the first 20 - 40 Mb have downloaded.  Any suggestions, please?  

5 minutes ago, Lubiloo said:

Hello.  Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing download stopping for the latest Beta?  I've double checked Internet connection, disabled Firewall and Internet Security and still all my attempts at downloading latest Beta result in stopping after the first 20 - 40 Mb have downloaded.  Any suggestions, please?  

I just sent you a PM here with a link while you figure out the issue

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

On 29-10-2017 at 1:14 AM, Rick G said:

High pass is working here. Try doing the control runup and see if it fixes it. One way or the other, let everyone know here Control runup ... hold control key while starting the progrem. You will get a menu asking to reset 3 out of many things. Ok that and see if it is fixed

Thanks, This now turned out to work. Problem fixed