You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.86

1 hour ago, fotomak said:

Beta 1.6.0.86 - Still there is no rotate (clock/anticlock) function in desktop :(
I do hope that concentrating on Affinity Photo for iPad you will not forget about desktop... ;)

There's still a little localization work to be done, but it seems OK otherwise.

APh_1-6-0-86beta_doc-rotation.thumb.png.1fa1159972e3c2d0f3552dc91f5afbe5.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

You can't even add them yourself to that configuration. It doesn't seem to allow a combination that uses the arrow keys not page up/down

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Ahw.... this hurts. 

So many request to get Nik tools working. Now it is acquired by DXO. 

But we still want to have Vivenza2 working... 

please ensure it will... 

It will be continued. But there are competitors stepping in. They will add value here. 

https://photorumors.com/2017/10/25/breaking-dxo-acquires-nik-collection-from-google-will-continue-development/

Thanks for the reply..
Yes, sure, my mistake, cause I do not mentioned that I ment "Develop Persona" not "Photo Persona" - or may be I can't find

Affinity Photo 2.0.4.1701, Affinity Photo Beta 2.1.0.1781; Affinity Photo 1.10.6.1665,
Affinity Designer 1.10.5.1342, Affinity Designer customer beta 1.10.5.1342;
Affinity Publisher 1.10.5.1342; Affinity Publisher customer beta 1.10.5.1342 + GIMP 2.10.22,  RawTherapee 5.8,  Darktable 3.2.1;

Win10Pro (v. 10.0.17763), IntelCore i7-4790-3.60GHz, ram 8GB, , ssd 256GB, Huion new 1060plus;
Monitor 2D FHD LG 1920 x 1080 px, Onboard Intel Graphics HD 4600.

On 25/10/2017 at 4:26 PM, fotomak said:

Beta 1.6.0.86 - Still there is no rotate (clock/anticlock) function in desktop :(
I do hope that concentrating on Affinity Photo for iPad you will not forget about desktop... ;)

9 minutes ago, fotomak said:

Thanks for the reply..
Yes, sure, my mistake, cause I do not mentioned that I ment "Develop Persona" not "Photo Persona" - or may be I can't find

There are rotation options (with steps of 15 degrees instead of 90 degrees) on  the View menu in the Develop Persona.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

Remember that the Rotation options are only there in the Develop Persona when opening a RAW directly - not when entering Develop Persona from an already developed document. Nothing has changed from the last beta here.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Perhaps I'm missing or misunderstanding something, Patrick – it wouldn't be the first time! – but if I paste an image from the clipboard and rasterize it the rotation options become available in the Develop Persona.

Alfred spacer.png

12 hours ago, Alfred said:

There are rotation options (with steps of 15 degrees instead of 90 degrees) on  the View menu in the Develop Persona.

Hi Alfred,
yes, 15 degrees.. make it 6 times and then there is 90 degrees, great !
Lets go this way and click "Develope".
Next the picture is in Photo Persona, try to operate with ex. enlarged picture with sliders changing the position :)
Horizontal slider move the image vertically and vertical slider move the picture horizontaly. I do not think that this is the way to work with it.

Affinity Photo 2.0.4.1701, Affinity Photo Beta 2.1.0.1781; Affinity Photo 1.10.6.1665,
Affinity Publisher 1.10.5.1342; Affinity Publisher customer beta 1.10.5.1342 + GIMP 2.10.22,  RawTherapee 5.8,  Darktable 3.2.1;

Win10Pro (v. 10.0.17763), IntelCore i7-4790-3.60GHz, ram 8GB, , ssd 256GB, Huion new 1060plus;

3 hours ago, fotomak said:

Hi Alfred,
yes, 15 degrees.. make it 6 times and then there is 90 degrees, great !
Lets go this way and click "Develope".
Next the picture is in Photo Persona, try to operate with ex. enlarged picture with sliders changing the position :)
Horizontal slider move the image vertically and vertical slider move the picture horizontaly. I do not think that this is the way to work with it.

When back in Photo Persona click....

View > Reset Rotation

then click....

Document > Rotate 90 degrees clockwise

Then the sliders will work as normal

(if you want to make the rotation permanent, then just rasterise the image)

Rotate Document and Rotate View are two different things

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

27 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Rotate Document and Rotate View are two different things

True, rotate Document and Rotate View are 2 different things, definitely !
Still.. try to move rotated and enlarged RAW file in Develop Persona (where view not document is rotated) with sliders (horizontal and vertical then work opposite) needed ex. for Blemish, Paint, Erase Tools which you need to correct at the Develop Stage (not at the next Photo Persona stage).
I do understand that this is possible, not convenient but possible, nevertheless it is strange usage.

Downloaded the beta today. Opens faster and feels snappier overall, esp in Develop. Uninstalled though...will wait for the stable release.

DoF blur filter simply loops. Can't do anything, other than kill AP from the task manager (saw it touch 100% usage the third time I killed it). Becomes unresponsive with Lighting filter now and then, for like 5-10 seconds. Same with zooming and panning.

Context Menu file opening results in unhandled exception error 1 out 3 times. But this problem exists with the 1.5 release version too.

Asus ROG -i7 6700, 16Gig Ram, GTX 960m, SSD for boot drive, Win 8.1

Edited by kumarab123
Missed a spec

Affinity Photo

i7 6700HQ, 16 Gig Ram, GTX 960m, SSD (boot)

Windows 8.1 64 Bit

15 minutes ago, kumarab123 said:

Asus ROG -i7 6700, 16Gig Ram, GTX 960m, SSD for boot drive, Win 8.1

Edited 7 minutes ago by kumarab123
Missed a spec

If you edit your Account Settings to include a signature, you can include your specs automatically in every post.

Alfred spacer.png

This beta looks kind of better overall on my machine, except for Develop Persona, it's quite sluggish and slow compared to previous beta(s).

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

The function (live) High pass filter is not working anymore in v 1.6.0.86  O.o  
No matter how high or low I put the slider, there is no change.
This is one of the default functions I for every picture.

8 hours ago, WMax70 said:

High pass is working here. Try doing the control runup and see if it fixes it. One way or the other, let everyone know here Control runup ... hold control key while starting the progrem. You will get a menu asking to reset 3 out of many things. Ok that and see if it is fixed

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

4 hours ago, WMax70 said:

High Pass works fine here.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

On 25.10.2017 at 7:42 PM, WMax70 said:

Ahw.... this hurts. 

So many request to get Nik tools working. Now it is acquired by DXO. 

But we still want to have Vivenza2 working... 

please ensure it will... 

It will be continued. But there are competitors stepping in. They will add value here. 

https://photorumors.com/2017/10/25/breaking-dxo-acquires-nik-collection-from-google-will-continue-development/

This was one of the reasons for me in addition to raw development quality and lens support to buy Dxo PhotoLab this week. This constelation works really great:

1) Lightroom 6 as DAM (Import+Library)

2) Dxo PhotoLab Elite for RAW (Develop)

3) Affinity Photo (Post Develop)

No software renting. 2) and 3) are developed in future. For 1) I do not need further development because the DAM part is complete for me.

1 hour ago, Asser82 said:

1) Lightroom 6 as DAM (Import+Library)

2) Dxo PhotoLab Elite for RAW (Develop)

3) Affinity Photo (Post Develop)

DxO would be great if it allowed layers. OR if I could save my develop persona settings in sidecar.

11 hours ago, WMax70 said:

Try checking that you don't have some minute selection somewhere. I had this 'problem' once. (ctrl+d -> deselect all)

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

31 minutes ago, TEcHNOpls said:

DxO would be great if it allowed layers. OR if I could save my develop persona settings in sidecar.

For what do you need layers in a raw development tool? If you use dxo, you do not need Affinity Photo's develop persona. Layers, retouching, photo combining (panorama, stacking, ...) is the domain of Affinity Photo (for me).

1 hour ago, Asser82 said:

For what do you need layers in a raw development tool? If you use dxo, you do not need Affinity Photo's develop persona. Layers, retouching, photo combining (panorama, stacking, ...) is the domain of Affinity Photo (for me).

I do a lot of shadow highlight recovery, this works best in RAW (ie. DNG, CR2) format,  but I can do only global adjustments in DxO.

So I want to import DNG file into AP, but than I can't save what my settings were to ie. recover some pixels, or redevelop the raw file (brighter/darker spots).

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

1 hour ago, TEcHNOpls said:

I do a lot of shadow highlight recovery, this works best in RAW (ie. DNG, CR2) format,  but I can do only global adjustments in DxO.

So I want to import DNG file into AP, but than I can't save what my settings were to ie. recover some pixels, or redevelop the raw file (brighter/darker spots).

Highlights, shadows, midtones and blacks can be adjusted with the selective tone panel globally. Dxo 12 (PhotoLab) has now also non destructive local adjustments with gradient masks, smart masks with edge detection or nik like u-points.

51 minutes ago, Asser82 said:

Highlights, shadows, midtones and blacks can be adjusted with the selective tone panel globally. Dxo 12 (PhotoLab) has now also non destructive local adjustments with gradient masks, smart masks with edge detection or nik like u-points.

Is not Dxo 12 a competing product in the $100 - $150 price range? Why do I need it?

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

12 minutes ago, Rick G said:

Is not Dxo 12 a competing product in the $100 - $150 price range? Why do I need it?

If the develop module covers your needs, you don't needed it. My needs are not covered, because I need non destructive raw processing with sidecar files integrated into a photo management software where the developed changes can be previewed. The tool must support body and lense profiles and auto correct photos according to these.

Frankly spoken, it seems to me that some of you guys have forgotten that this is an Affinity forum and probably not the right place to discuss, advertise and worship other companies products ...
Just my 2 cents ...

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com