You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A Clear Field For Drawing

59e95ad236a9e_ScreenShot2017-10-16at3_54_07PM.png.be4b35ef6400a6844e8cfc3a94cca139.pngI like to use Affinity to scribble and draw.

However, when I am drawing I am constantly (inadvertently I may add) setting off the color wheel, the layers, the paintbrush options at the bottom and somehow even the Save dialog box. So all these things keep popping out from the bottom and the sides of the screen and I even manage to activate the Save dialog page frequently. Very annoying ! Is there a way, once I have set all my paintbrush parameters, to keep all this stuff from popping out so I can have the entire iPad surface to draw on?

• Staff

ttibsen,

The app supports palm rejection that prevents the brush setting from being altered when your hand moves across the screen and only changes when a finger, pencil or stylus tip goes over the values, can you confirm the model of iPad you are using and the version of iOS that it is running.

Apple iPad Pro 10.5-Inch (Wi-Fi Only) 256 GB  - iOS 11.0.3

Thanks for your input. Those are the answers to your queries. I just bought the iPad this summer.

Even now as I attempt to use the pencil I am getting this Macros form continually popping in from the left side of the screen and I then have to press on the little square with the 2 tiny arrows in the top right corner to make it go away. But even then the paintbrush parameters on the bottom remain denying me the full screen that I want. Like I said, once I am ready to draw and have input the settings, I want access to the entire screen without these incessant interruptions. Maybe this isn't possible with Affinity - let me know.IMG_0023.thumb.PNG.84b1f1e6c9d3193e9f7a07837dd11d02.PNG

Yes I am using the iPad pencil. You will note on the  video that I am applying, or trying to, shading to the third circle on the right and all this stuff keeps popping in from the L and R side of the screen everytime the pencil contacts the screen. Notice too, the brush parameters bar at the bottom of the screen, it would be nice to have this disappear too.

ScreenRecording_10-28-2017 08:03.mp4