You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can’t save file

I’ve been working on the same restoration photo for weeks and all of a sudden when I try to save my work the program crashes ( iPad version)..... and I can’t now work on it on windows desktop because it says the file is created with a new program version.... 

some help  here would be appreciated

Been trying for three days looking for a work around..... I left a 5 star review of this program. I will need to see if I can change that because as of right now it is useless and affinity is providing zero support.... and I have purchased the ipad and desktop version

I’ll try it if there is a windows beta but that doesn’t address the issue of not being able to save edit changes on my iPad version.... I’m getting frustrated with no answers for moderators here when Affinity says come here with problems.... this is my second problem with the program with zero help

On 20/10/2017 at 2:37 AM, ReO2 said:

I’ve been working on the same restoration photo for weeks and all of a sudden when I try to save my work the program crashes ( iPad version)

If you've used the 'Save A Copy' option reasonably frequently during the course of those weeks you shouldn't have lost too much work. How recent is your latest backup?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I have it backed up.... I am not able to do any work on the file on the iPad Pro and save the current work. The program crashes during save... I'll have to try the windows beta to finish the project and print it.... the only work around I have not yet tried is deleting the iPad program and re installing,,, and I'll try that this afternoon.... I love working in the program but it's not functional currently

• Staff
On 21/10/2017 at 6:48 PM, ReO2 said:

I have it backed up.... I am not able to do any work on the file on the iPad Pro and save the current work. The program crashes during save... I'll have to try the windows beta to finish the project and print it.... the only work around I have not yet tried is deleting the iPad program and re installing,,, and I'll try that this afternoon.... I love working in the program but it's not functional currently

Hi ReO2,

I'm sorry that you didn't get a reply very quickly sometimes a post will slip through the net. Did reinstalling the app solve your issue?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I would be happy to.... please let me know what you discover!! And thanks for the help.... it crashes every time I try to edit the file and save it...it’s a big file and I tried twice to download it.... can we do it to your drop box??

Update but not a solution:

i downloaded the AP windows beta and did a few edits then took it back into the iPad.... Well, for now I can save my work...... this is not a viable solution but it is just to see if it works for others