You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New problems on ipad

I’ve been using for weeks retouching a photo... now suddenly I can’t click out of the program without it crashing and loosing my edits.... also a saved to cloud version can’t be opened on the windows app saying it was created with a newer version of affinity photo.

help!! My productivity has now dropped to zero on this project

Hi ReO2,

I am not sure what is actually happening on your iPad, but you could try the most recent beta version of the Affinity Photo on your Windows PC in order to recover your file. I am not sure if that will work, but maybe I would give it a try. You can download the beta here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/47946-affinity-designer-customer-beta-16085/

Hope that helps … :)

Alex

• Staff

Hey Re02,

As A_B_C said, you will need the beta to load files from the iPad into your Windows machine as the iPad is a newer version than the Windows release. 

As for the iPad, have you tried removing and reinstalling the app? On the desktop versions, we can do a 'soft reset' by holding down the Ctrl key when you launch the app but on the iPad you need to do a reinstall. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.