You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lightroom-style Library Module

I've been a longtime user of Lightroom for years (since the original beta releases).  However, Adobe's announcement yesterday to drop all standalone purchase pricing and switch to subscription pricing has left me looking for alternatives.   

I am trying out the trial version of Affinity Photo, and it is really nice.  You all have done an amazing job with this program.

I'd like to see a Lightroom-style "Library" module that would show all photos in a group of folders to make it easy to organize files and to find a specific file for editing.  This is the one missing thing I'm seeing that would move me away from Lightroom.

I've tried the media browser, but it's unfortunately very slow for loading a network library.  

I'm sure a great many people will agree with that. Much of the metadata is in the files themselves; star rating, caption, tags, geo-location etc etc. A Catalog / Library / DAM which allows me to assign and search on such criteria would attract a great many customers I'm sure. When (not if) I migrate I expect to lose "Album" / "Collection" information but everything else should survive, as it is in the files themselves.

My copy of LR still works so I don't need to jump ship today but I will start researching options. It would be good if Affinity were one of them.

John   

Absolutely agree.

Are there any plans by Serif to create some sort of Lightroom-like standalone app or module in Affinity Photo? I know there is a raw converter in Affinity Photo but I mean a catalog/gallery organisation part and also a part/module for tethered camera shooting. Especially tethering is something Lightroom is incredibly bad in. CaptureOne make an awesome job when it comes to tethering and even the simple Canon EOS Utility is faster than Lightroom. You can´t use Lightroom for professional work if you shoot tethered.

So if I could wave the magic flag I´d like to see an app or a module right in Affinity Photo that can do the same as Lightroom or (even better) CaptureOne but with the performance of CaptureOne. Especialy The Image Organisation part and the tethered shooting part.

If this would exist, I´d cancel my Adobe subscription imediately.

Thanks Serif for making awesome software for an incredible price.

Cheers
Michael

It´s the same to me. Since years I use Adobe PS and LR. So I am relatively new to Affinity Photo. I switched because I prefer to purchase a software package once. The price of PS was far beyond for me, LR was acceptable. But after the announcement, that LR will not be updated further more, I would appreciate if Affinity Photo will develop  their own solution in Lightroom style. Maybe as a a implementable module, a standalone software or what else. But I am done with Adobe, that´s for sure.

Cheers,

Frank

I'm new to Affinity - just started the trial version - I'm not a power user but don't like the adobe pay by the month
I'm also pretty new to lightroom but use bridge often and would like to see something similar to allow pre import viewing and cataloguing (If Affinity photo already ha s this then I apologise and hope someone will point me in the right direction)

PS I'm liking what I see in the package so far - well done Affinity

• 3 weeks later...