PatrickBosKessen

EPS export lacks transparency

I created this design to be printed on several t-shirts and as you can see, the background is transparent, around the lady too.

When I export to EPS it isn't, when I export to PSD it is so it seems to me like the EPS export isn't functioning correctly.

edit: exporting to SVG needs the 'export as curves' setting even when the used font's are on the system or the design is malformed and export to svg leads to wrong colors. Is this a bug too? see second image

Schermafbeelding 2017-10-19 om 09.45.50.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-10-19 om 09.55.53.png

Hi PatrickBosKessen

Naively EPS does not support transparency.Some apps to trick it but it's not part of the format itself If you require transparency I'd recommend using PDF-X3/X4 for exporting instead .

Looking at your screenshots for the sg, it was made in CMYK however SVG 1.1 only supports RGB, so in your second screenshot, the SVG is imported as RGB rather than CMYK giving you the more vibrant colours.

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thx for the swift response. So no bugs but correct implementation of limited standards I guess:-)

I've found a reasonable matching for SVG so the fuchsia pink shirts with that design will be available in time for the event I need them for:-)

10 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi PatrickBosKessen

Naively EPS does not support transparency.Some apps to trick it but it's not part of the format itself If you require transparency I'd recommend using PDF-X3/X4 for exporting instead ...

But that design doesn't seem to have transparency per se. Just areas without content. That should be able to be exported as an EPS without a background as long as there are no effects, no objects with transparency & no images with an irregular shape that contain transparency.

The below is such a file. I exported it to EPS for Export, imported into QXP. It has the transparent background intact. So perhaps there is some other reason concerning the OP's file and or the application it is being used in...

capture-001455.png.afc069de8a996ca38a6a589ff3091e90.png

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Oops. Just realized I used the current beta. Dunno about the retail install.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.