You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer - Aligning and Snapping Pen Tool Nodes

Hi,

I'm really enjoying Affinity Designer so far.  However, I'm having some trouble with node snapping while using the pen tool.  

For example, if I try and draw a box with the pen tool (4 nodes, holding shift to draw vertical and horizontal lines), I can't seem to get the third node to "snap" to the last.. I have no idea where I should be clicking to align the node to finish the shape.  Once the shape is closed, I don't seem to get any snapping hints when moving those nodes either.

Am I missing a setting within the snapping settings in order to align nodes within the same shape? Or is this not an existing feature yet?

Thanks!

UPDATE: Figured out how to do this:

With the pen tool selected, there are 3 snap tools in the toolbar. The first will enable snapping to other nodes.

The problem I was having was that i was enabling the global snapping features also (the magnet icon).  Depending on which snapping features you have enabled, it could make it extremely difficult for the pen tool snapping to work.

There seems to be some conflict with the pen tool snapping and the global snapping.  I know there are some new snapping and guides changes happening soon.. maybe they will be able to resolve this.