You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Manual or Tutorial

You can use Calibre to create a PDF version of the help, but it will require you to experiment with the settings to get the best results. I've had good results converting the help to an EPUB file and using iBooks to read it. Try this:

• Go to Applications
  • Right click Affinity Photo and click Show Package Contents
  • Go to Contents > Resources and right click AffinityPhoto.help and click Show Package Contents
  • Go to Contents > Resources and copy de.lproj & shared to your desktop
  • Open Calibre and drag index.html from the de.lproj folder into Calibre - this will add Affinity Photo Help: Get Started to the list of books
  • Right click Affinity Photo Help: Get Started and select Convert Books > Convert Individually
  • Make sure PDF is selected from the Output format drop down
  • Make any changes needs in the other sections and click OK

Wonderful.  I hope this works for me.  I am deaf.  I find it hard to cognize why companies don't think the approximately 1 million deaf people in the U.S. don't deserve closed captioning or text tutorials.  I've had Photo and Designer sitting here for years now, with no way to learn to use it.  So I went back to Ps where there are a great many tutorials in text and CC.  I thought I'd try again to see if I could find instruction so I'll try this.

• 4 weeks later...

You can use Calibre to create a PDF version of the help, but it will require you to experiment with the settings to get the best results. I've had good results converting the help to an EPUB file and using iBooks to read it. Try this:

• Go to Applications
  • Go to Contents > Resources and right click AffinityPhoto.help and click Show Package Contents
  • Open Calibre and drag index.html from the de.lproj folder into Calibre - this will add Affinity Photo Help: Get Started to the list of books
  • Right click Affinity Photo Help: Get Started and select Convert Books > Convert Individually

Hi Leigh, Hi everybody at the Affinity forum,

I tried the method you suggest but with no success: I have no shared file and no index.html file into the de.jplroj folder (I also tried the it.ljproj as I'm Italian but with no results...). Can you help me?

I'm using the 1.4.2 version on a macmini late 2012, osx 10.9.5 Mavericks.

Tanx for helping me,

arfo 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• Go to Applications

Hi.
Just bought AP for Windows and try to make a PDF from HTML file, like U explained here.
Unfortunately I just able to create a Epub file  readable only with Calibre for windows. Is there another way to have a PDF User guide to easy read on tablet or other devices?
Thx

Hi Zox,

I was only able to create an epub but I'm on a mac... No pdf for me too, there is always some error (I didn't spend a lot of time on settings, for the truth...)

I've found an epub guide somewhere in the web but I've missed the link; probably you can find it out...

On the opposite I didn't find any pdf guide and is not possible, if I'm not wrong, to create it from an epub...

arfo

Hi Zox,

I was only able to create an epub but I'm on a mac... No pdf for me too, there is always some error (I didn't spend a lot of time on settings, for the truth...)

I've found an epub guide somewhere in the web but I've missed the link; probably you can find it out...

On the opposite I didn't find any pdf guide and is not possible, if I'm not wrong, to create it from an epub...

arfo

Thx for the info! Error here too!  :(
Hope in an Official PDF User guide for APhoto and ADesign too.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

• Go to Applications

Thank you kindly, Leigh, for posting these instructions. They worked very well for me and now I'm a happy camper with my easy-to-read AP Help files! Best regards.

Mac mini, 2018 • 64GB • 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 • Graphics AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT 4 GB • macOS Ventura 13.3 • Dell S2721QS - 27-inch

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's certainly a good idea but have no luck getting it to work. I've tried the above method on 3 different macs (2 with El Capitan and the other on Yosemite) but it gets to 47% and then stalls. After a few minutes it reports back that the conversion has failed.

Any ideas from those in the know? otherwise its back to the online version.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.