karlton81

Graphics Tablet help

Hello :)

I am a huge huge fan of Affinity Designer, and have been using it religiously for over a year now. But I have recently purchased a Ugee 2150 graphics and when I draw a line it is very jittery and not smooth.

Are there any settings I can use to help stop this issue?

My other question is, are there any tutorials about on the best way to set up your brush and the best tool to use for graphic tablet drawing? I have the affinity designer manual but can't seem to find anything on this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Karl

Hey Karl, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

We have done a lot of work since we released the MAS (Mac App Store) version and our 1.6 beta addresses a lot of drawing issues. We've also added some stabilization features. We plan on releasing the 1.6 beta in the next 2 weeks or so but if you'd like to try the beta, please grab it from here. We'd appreciate any feedback too. 

The beta is about 7 months ahead of the MAS version so hopefully you will notice a distinct difference. 

19 minutes ago, Chris B said:

We plan on releasing the 1.6 beta in the next 2 weeks or so but if you'd like to try the beta....

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply, I will try the 1.6 beta.

the line above, do you mean you will be releasing the 1.6 beta a the MAS version or an updated 1.6 beta version?

I imagine there will be a final beta build that is released to the MAS with further improvements from our current 1.6.0 beta 12 but I'm not sure if this will be released to the MAS as 1.6.0 or 1.6.x (I'm not sure what the x might be). 

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:13 AM, Chris B said:

Hey Karl, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

We have done a lot of work since we released the MAS (Mac App Store) version and our 1.6 beta addresses a lot of drawing issues. We've also added some stabilization features. We plan on releasing the 1.6 beta in the next 2 weeks or so but if you'd like to try the beta, please grab it from here. We'd appreciate any feedback too. 

The beta is about 7 months ahead of the MAS version so hopefully you will notice a distinct difference. 

So I tried the 1.6 beta last night and the new "stability" option on the Pencil tool is brilliant, really really helped. Any idea when the MAS version will be released?

Only issue I found is that the 1.6 bets crashes when your screen goes idle.

Thanks again.

That's good news. If everything goes to plan, we're aiming for the start of November but we won't release it if we find a big regression or something critical so it could change.

Yeah I've seen a few people say this... What hardware are you using?

14 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Yeah I've seen a few people say this... What hardware are you using?

I have a MacBook pro, with the latest version of Sierra and a Ugee 2150 Graphics Tablet.

27 minutes ago, Chris B said:

No external monitor or anything? I'll work with our MBP this afternoon and see if I can reproduce it. Thanks :)

Well I guess you could say yes as the tablet does double up as an "external monitor".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ugee-UG2150-Resolution-Rechargeable-Protector/dp/B01E3QJ11A/ref=sr_1_1_sspa/258-3018046-9396955?ie=UTF8&qid=1508412183&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=ugee+2150&psc=1

This is the product.

Hey karlton81,

I've had a MBP connected to a Cintiq 13hd which is the closest thing we have to your tablet and so far it hasn't crashed yet. Does yours crash every time or is it just occasionally when you wake the machine up?

9 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey karlton81,

I've had a MBP connected to a Cintiq 13hd which is the closest thing we have to your tablet and so far it hasn't crashed yet. Does yours crash every time or is it just occasionally when you wake the machine up?

Hey Chris,

Thank you for testing it. When the machine wakes up AD beta doesn't actually crash straight away, but the canvas is blank, then when I close it I get the AD Crash message, when I get home from work this evening i'll try and upload some screen shots.

Thanks