You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboards don't snap to grid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same for me - looking forward to the bugfix!

On 3.11.2017 at 5:04 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Hi @Wiredframe, it's because artboards now have their own grids (as opposed to all artboards sharing a grid). We're aware of the issue, and will hopefully fix it soon.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an option in the "grid and axis manager" so set a grid for all artboards? It only would need a button which overwrites all artboards with the same grid settings. Found it pretty tedious on a screendesign-job to always set the grid to fit the first created art board. It always resets the grid for new artboards to an ominous default...

1 hour ago, Aammppaa said:

@JohaWeber Instead of creating a new artboard, why not duplicate your first one, and resize? That way you can keep the grid setting (and anything else useful).

Because (as you stated) I keep everything which was on the copied artboard. And although performance of Affinity Designer is pretty decent, copying roughly about 1000 Elements with the artboard breaks my computer (I7 3970x, GTX 980 TI, 64GB Ram). Also, when creating a screendesign, I like to roughly sketch out the main areas with a 100px/1 division based grid and then proceed with a 8px/2 Division grid. On all artboards. 

One more thing: Sometimes when copying an artboard in whole via CTRL + J and try to drag the duplicated artboard around, SOME elements (both locked and unlocked) get stuck on the wrong artboard. Ending up having two messy artboards. Also, when dragging and duplicating (holding ALT while dragging) often it's barely usable as the view is lagging really bad and sometimes crashes Affinity Designer. (see above: "breaks my computer").

EDIT: Yes moderators, I will create seperate bug-reports for the bugs stated above as soon as I can get some more spare time. ;):)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.