stetsdogg

BUG / HELP - Affinity Designer scrolling infinitely in one direction

Dear Affinity Team,

I recently started using Affinity Designer for doing graphic design work. Unfortunately, I have encountered a bug making it challenging to complete my work.

Issue: (please see attached 30 second videos)

Affinity Designer will randomly start scrolling infinitely in one direction in the middle of working on my projects.

Steps to reproduce:

Exact steps are unknown. Seems to happen within about 30 mins of using Affinity Designer for me though, and it has happened every time I've launched Affinity Designer in the past two weeks. 

How I've tried to fix it:

- Reinstalled macOS and Affinity Designer

- Rebooted Mac

- Reset NVRAM

Still no luck. :( The only way to get the scrolling to stop has been to close my current document and re-open it. 

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Stetson Doggett

Affinity Designer Bug.mov

Affinity Designer Bug 2.mov

Affinity Designer Bug 3.mov

Hey stetsdogg, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

I have never seen that before so I'm pretty sure we are going to struggle to reproduce this. I think you will have an app installed that our app doesn't get on with. I noticed the Apple Menu bar has quite a few apps running so maybe the conflict is in there somewhere?

It could also be an external USB device that is plugged in, however I didn't see one when you were recording the MacBook but it's worth double checking.

You can also try installing our beta. It's about 7 months ahead of the App Store version so it has had lots of updates. Could you install it and see if you get the same behaviour. 

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. Good thought about one of my other apps causing the issue.

Here are the apps I had open:

- BetterTouchTool

- BetterSnapTool

- mInstaller

- Adobe Creative Cloud

- Tweetbot

If any of these apps was to cause the issue, my guess would be BetterTouchTool. I'll try disabling it for Affinity Designer and see if that fixes the issue. 

There were no USB devices plugged in, so the problem must be software related.

If the problem persists with BetterTouchTool disabled, then I'll give the beta a shot.

Thanks for your support,

Stetson

Hey :)

So I've been working with the BetterTouchTool today and I have noticed that every now and then, the app will just scroll toward the top of the screen. I've added quite a few of my own presets so something somewhere is either not working correctly, or I've done something wrong.

When it scrolls, I can't fight back so I have to exit out the app. The things I noticed that triggered it were keyboard shortcuts. Have you had any success since disabling it?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for testing this out. Seems like we may have found the culprit. I haven't had any issues yet with BetterTouchTool disabled for Affinity Designer, but I don't think I've used it long enough to fully tell. I'll continue testing today and try and report back tonight.