You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6 - Beta 12)

• Staff
10 minutes ago, VIPStephan said:

Version 1.5.5 is what it is now. If any change would be made there it wouldn’t be version 1.5.5 but 1.5.6. ;)

This is the 1.6 beta thread there will be no 1.5.6. Maria is saying she would like to see the 1.6 behaviour the same as 1.5.5

43 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Maria,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This change was intentional. The border was removed in the latest Beta version because some users found it distractive. Since then a few users also noted it may be useful in certain workflows so this is being reconsidered again.

Having this line is very useful for bleeded documents.

• Staff
On 24/10/2017 at 5:45 PM, Maria said:

I mean that if I turn off the "Clip to Canvas" view mode - in Affinity Designer 1.5 there is a canvas area border and in the beta version this border is gone (or it appears just for one second).ClipToCanvas.gif.7e28bb5186f559d95f52114c936d38ae.gif

Hi Maria,

I've fixed this now so the 1.6 Beta RC2 version (not yet released) will contain this fix, as will the released App Store product. I've allowed the view to show the document border when you turn off 'Clip to Canvas', but made it so that the borders are not shown on artboards, which was the previous area where customers complained they didn't want to see the borders.

Thanks,

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.