You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6 - Beta 12)

Hey Folks! I'm getting a wonky text output with the PDF export preset 'For Web' (all dpi choices) . The rest of the presets seem fine.

I ran into this bug in 1.6 beta 11 (literally, this morning) and it seems to be here as well in beta 12. Attached is an example of the garbled text output.

Thanks!

PDF Text Glitch (Affinity Design 1.6 beta 12).jpeg

• Staff
19 minutes ago, tomn said:

This bug is still there.

7 minutes ago, tomn said:

Also this bug 

seem to be still there.

Hi Tomn,

You reported these issues on Monday and Tuesday morning. The beta 12 build was released Tuesday afternoon but was quite possibly built either Monday night/early Tuesday. However please try to be patient as it does take time from reporting the issue to us and it getting looked at by development.

Just because your issue has been acknowledged and reproduced by us, doesn't automatically mean it will get fixed in the next build.

• Staff
17 hours ago, netsi1964 said:

I have an example SVG file where the clipping does not work.

bee.svg

Hi netsi1964,

I'm not sure what the original issue with SVG clipping abarkalo, however we do currently have an unresolved issue with development regarding clipPaths being ignored when opening SVG which is what yours looks to be.

I'll get it bumped with your file and post!

• Staff
16 hours ago, vwollschlaeger said:

Hilarious bug in the Affinity Designer 1.6 Beta 12

Happens when I use Mission Control on High Sierra 

Even more funny, the toolbar is still usable. :-)

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 15.30.14.png

Well that is extremely strange!

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this using both Retina and Non Retina Beta 12 in High Sierra. I've been using ctrl+Up arrow to enter Mission Control.

Does this happen everytime for you? Are you able to record a video of it please?

• Staff
9 hours ago, GregParris said:

Hey Folks! I'm getting a wonky text output with the PDF export preset 'For Web' (all dpi choices) . The rest of the presets seem fine.

I ran into this bug in 1.6 beta 11 (literally, this morning) and it seems to be here as well in beta 12. Attached is an example of the garbled text output.

Thanks!

PDF Text Glitch (Affinity Design 1.6 beta 12).jpeg

Hi GregParris,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums

Would you be able to attach the file you are exporting please? I've just tried this on a new document and I cannot reproduce.

3 hours ago, Sean P said:

Well that is extremely strange!

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this using both Retina and Non Retina Beta 12 in High Sierra. I've been using ctrl+Up arrow to enter Mission Control.

Does this happen everytime for you? Are you able to record a video of it please?

Hi Sean,

I wasn't able to reproduce the bug either. Maybe it's High Sierra?!

I used the trackpad gestures for Mission Control. 

@vwollschlaeger,

I think someone is very excited to use that 1,000,000% zoom feature.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi GregParris,

Would you be able to attach the file you are exporting please? I've just tried this on a new document and I cannot reproduce.

Hey Sean!

Not a problem at all. It's actually a 21 page (Artboard) document, but only 3 pages exhibit this odd behaviour. As such, I've split off the offending pages into a separate document for you (They still exhibit the odd behaviour). Thanks for the assist!

Greg.

Affinity_Designer_-_Wonky_Text_Output.afdesign

• Staff
12 minutes ago, GregParris said:

Hey Sean!

Not a problem at all. It's actually a 21 page (Artboard) document, but only 3 pages exhibit this odd behaviour. As such, I've split off the offending pages into a separate document for you (They still exhibit the odd behaviour). Thanks for the assist!

Greg.

Affinity_Designer_-_Wonky_Text_Output.afdesign

Thanks for the file! I've reproduced it here and it looks like it happens with the Helvetica fonts (I originally used Arial when trying earlier). It looks like all characters are 2 after what they should be! I'll get this passed onto development. In the meantime you can click 'More' and from the 'Embed Fonts' dropdown change it from 'Uncommon Fonts' to 'All Fonts'.

Hope that helps in the meantime! :)

2 hours ago, Sean P said:

Thanks for the file! I've reproduced it here and it looks like it happens with the Helvetica fonts (I originally used Arial when trying earlier). It looks like all characters are 2 after what they should be! I'll get this passed onto development. In the meantime you can click 'More' and from the 'Embed Fonts' dropdown change it from 'Uncommon Fonts' to 'All Fonts'.

Hope that helps in the meantime! :)

Thanks Sean! It really didn't affect the workflow (I just exported with a different preset), but I thought it best to have the bug squashed :D

Thanks again!

I found a strange issue. After excessive undos from Cmd + Z, a new palette is created.

20171020132257(1).mov

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• Staff
On 10/20/2017 at 6:27 PM, Bri-Toon said:

I found a strange issue. After excessive undos from Cmd + Z, a new palette is created.

20171020132257(1).mov

I don't believe this is a bug. I think you've accidentally held down the Cmd button whilst picking a colour. Cmd+Picking a colour will add it to a Document Palette, which will be created if it didn't exist.

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

I don't believe this is a bug. I think you've accidentally held down the Cmd button whilst picking a colour. Cmd+Picking a colour will add it to a Document Palette, which will be created if it didn't exist.

I see. It might even be due to the previous issue I reported whereas the color picker picks a color on its own without clicking. This time, I just pressed Cmd + Z several times without any mouse clicks (color picker selected), and a new palette was created. So with that issue with the color picker, it must think I am clicking, whereas what you said sounds possible.

In Beta 11 I had reported getting an error message that I needed an authorized copy of AD to use the new Beta version. Oh no I don't, App Store! :)

After some head-scratching I solved this by reluctantly uninstalling the authorized version of 1.55 — along with ALL of its associated system files — then reinstalling. I may be that Apple changed some aspect of their authorization scheme since I downloaded the 1.55 release - at least for OS X Lion. Or something was corrupted. Nonetheless, the Beta now works fine.

Not sure if anyone else with an older Mac might run into this problem. Thought I'd mention it.

My BOOK (created with Publisher, Designer & Photo):
Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way)

My WEBSITE (also developed using Affinity apps):
www.RolandK.ca — "Relentless adventures in self-expression"

[Power Mac & Intel PC (HighSierra/Monterey/Win 10]

• Staff
14 hours ago, Maria said:

I just noticed that when the "clip to canvas" view is turned off, the canvas area border is gone. Is this a known issue?

Without seeing a before and after screenshot I cannot be sure. However it sounds to me like this is by design. If you have objects and items that half hang off the page then disabling Clip to Canvas option will allow you to see the whole object, but if you enable it the object will be clipped to the document area.

9 hours ago, Sean P said:

Without seeing a before and after screenshot I cannot be sure. However it sounds to me like this is by design. If you have objects and items that half hang off the page then disabling Clip to Canvas option will allow you to see the whole object, but if you enable it the object will be clipped to the document area.

I mean that if I turn off the "Clip to Canvas" view mode - in Affinity Designer 1.5 there is a canvas area border and in the beta version this border is gone (or it appears just for one second).ClipToCanvas.gif.7e28bb5186f559d95f52114c936d38ae.gif

Maria, I am getting this too, but I noticed that a border will only show as long as there is something bleeding off the edges of the document.

• Staff
14 hours ago, Maria said:

I mean that if I turn off the "Clip to Canvas" view mode - in Affinity Designer 1.5 there is a canvas area border and in the beta version this border is gone (or it appears just for one second).ClipToCanvas.gif.7e28bb5186f559d95f52114c936d38ae.gif

Ahhh I see what you mean! Thanks Maria, I've reproduced it and will get it passed on to development.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.