You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed area after image is Rasterized is ignored

After rasterizing an image all the part of the image out of the Artboard has been cut off and the bleed area which has been setup for the document has been ignored - I have no image parts visible out of the Artboard anymore.

This of course is not acceptable as I need that part of the image outside of the Arboard to fill the bleed area - that's for the bleed is for. How to solve this? I have special situation where I need image to be rasterized together with some overlay text elements to get the desired output (for some reason what I see is not what I get after print export, so I only get the desired result after rasterizing the visible elements.

Less important but a bit strange to see - The command for Rasterize in Affinity Design is written as Rasterise (with S instead of Z).

I hate the triple extra workflow (and additional artboards and even additional document) I just did to accomplish something so simple as keeping the rasterized part of the image visible beyound the artboard just to have the bleed visible as it should be. Affinity Designer desktop really needs some love. You (Affinity team) put so much focus into that finger friendly iOS iPad version that it seems it hurts real production versions...

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I really just wanted to +1 this issue.

It's really annoying not to be able to Rasterise... a layer/group without being able to maintain the bleeds. I find I have to select and copy everything I want to rasterise, create a new file from the clipboard, paste, rasterise, copy, then paste into the original file. It works, but seven steps to accomplish something that should be able to be done in one is cumbersome.

Any chance this could be fixed in the future?