You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trimming images on iPad

Photoshop on desktops allows for an image to be trimmed based on transparent pixels or the colour in a given corner. Does Photo offer this kind of functionality on the iPad? I’m wanting to automatically trim/crop out the background so that there’s no border/white space around a graphic, and drawing a box around the element first isn’t precise enough. Thank you.

• Staff

Hi MelUK2017,

Welcome to the forums.

Affinity Photo doesn't have a trim feature like the one in PS, you can clip the canvas from the Document menu. This will remove unwanted canvas areas, It's been previously requested and may be added in a future update.

Thank you very much for your welcome and help. The “clip” option would work I think the majority of the time for me based on a video I found showing it in action — would it work on say a flat jpeg file, where the background is merged into the rest of the image?

(I haven’t yet purchased Affinity Photo, I’m trying to make sure it will do what I need it to before I buy as I can’t afford multiple programs.)