You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.6.0.85] selection issue, menu oddity and general flashing

So anyway, Nutella and his merry band of morons decided to update my computer when I was in the middle of a batch process even though I've set what my working hrs are. I'm now seeing some strange letters in the top menu bar, they seem to have gone away for now but just curious as to what that is? More of an issue though is that I'm getting terrible screen flashing when loading an image I mean the whole program appears and disappears rapidly several times generally finishing with Windows Explorer which I've got open in the background opened on top of it. I've re-started my machine several times to try and stabilise it. I suspect the update.

Not sure if this is a different issue but I'm also experiencing selection issues. Adding and removing from an existing selection using the brush tool doesn't seen to be working. I notice that RickG has posted what may be a similar issue? Could someone check this please as it seems like a super basic thing to have an issue with so again that makes me suspect the update or me just loosing the plot :S

The other thing I noticed about selections is that having created one and doing nothing else except watch the marching ants the CPU is running away with itself. Is that normal?

Thanks for letting me vent I actually really do hate MS now >:(

31.png.0cd0a4ac3d6652622d1e698905b44656.png

32.png.1d21d9d4bddfdb2cfbb60d6b6402afb8.png

Have tried to re-create your issues, but everything is working fine here. No letters in the menu bar, selections working OK and not hogging resources, and I can add to or remove from a selection OK. With marching ants selection, my CPU usage for AP '85 hovers around 4.5% and memory stable at 320MB. So, A-OK here anyway.

Windows 10 64-bit Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Thanks David,

Not surprise really tbh, It really does feal like a bad OS update. I have a low spec'd machine so things do run slow, I'm ok with that, AP has for the most part always been rock solid for me. Actually got to the point yesterday where every time I clicked a command or double clicked an adjustments layer to open a dialogue the whole program was flashing (dissapearing and re-appearing rapidly) like crazy!

I'll check my OS build version though and also re-install AP. The thing that really hacks me off is not having control over when MS mess with my machine, nothing Affinity can do about that, hope my previous rant didn't come over as that was meant to be more of a warning to others. :(

Regards

Try the control runup and see if that fixes it. I have hit several issue where that is the cure. That is getting to be a weekly occurance here. (not being snarky - the clone brush stopped working in the middle of a project yesterday. Closing and rebooting didn't fix it, control runup did)

My issue was strictly with batch processing and seems to be tied to the number of cores

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.