You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Borders in macro

Hi @gkulka!

May be this tutorial in German will help you Makro aufzeichnen a bit.

Norbert

Find me on YouTube | Mensch Mesch | MeWe | Twitter | Pinterest

iMac27 5k 32 GB, MacBook Pro M1 | macOS 12.1 | iPad Pro2 | iOS 15.2

Affinity Designer 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Photo 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5

Hi @Mensch Mesch

Thanks for hint, but this is no quite what I had in mind. This tut shows how to add frame over the picture. I need to extend canvas size. i.e. original 2048x1536 and macro will add +100px to width and high, fill it white and punt my signature on frame. I can create one for most popular picture dimension i use, but it will be quite a task. Any idea how to approach it ?

Greg

Regards,

Greg

Hi @gkulka,

AFAIK Affinity Photo can't read and operate with any values like width or height yet.  :( 

Find me on YouTube | Mensch Mesch | MeWe | Twitter | Pinterest

iMac27 5k 32 GB, MacBook Pro M1 | macOS 12.1 | iPad Pro2 | iOS 15.2

Affinity Designer 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Photo 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@gkulka How can you make a border around the pic with this equations? Am trying the trial for the moment and am not familiar wit Affinity. In Photoshop is very easy to do by creating an action so I can ad any border in one time on a whole map of photos. I can't find this in Affinity photo or is their something I can do?

Thanks in advance

@PhilippeVDD While you record macro, create new layer, move it to back "CTRL+SHIFT+[" (not in layers panel). Than select top layer, go to Transform panel, select center point and in width(or height) input box type "X-100". This will make layer 100px smaller on selected dimension :)

Regards,

Greg

@PhilippeVDD This is because you have aspect ratio locked. Than, when you make x+100, it calculates y+1000. If you want to have i.e. 100px frame[regardles photo size or standard print format], just add +100px to both dimentions to solid layer without aspect ratio locked. Than move solid layer back.

Regards,

Greg

Ok. I think I know where the problem is. Above I wrote what I had in mind, not actually referring to correct variables. With X+100, I was referring to width, while X is used as position, same with Y. Sorry about that. You should be using W and H for width and height without aspect ratio. Below will shrink width of picture layer by 100px.

test.jpg

Regards,

Greg

• 1 year later...