You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Canon Raw-Files EOS 6d Mark II

• 2 months later...

After 3 months there is still no support for this camera. The Apple core image raw engine supports the raw files of the 6D II but in affinity they are still with a pink overlay. Is there a way to use the Apple engine instead the one from Affinty?

And, what takes a so long time to support this camera? It‘s out for more then a half year now :(

• Staff

Hi Solantil,

If you are running macOS High Sierra you can change Affinity Photo's the engine to Apple (Core Image RAW): with the RAW image opened in Develop Persona go to menu View ▸ Assistant Manager... and change the first dropdown (RAW Engine) to Serif Labs. Reload the image for the new setting take effect. The RAW file should now load correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.1.2018 at 3:51 PM, MEB said:

Hi Solantil,

If you are running macOS High Sierra you can change Affinity Photo's the engine to Apple (Core Image RAW): with the RAW image opened in Develop Persona go to menu View ▸ Assistant Manager... and change the first dropdown (RAW Engine) to Serif Labs. Reload the image for the new setting take effect. The RAW file should now load correctly.

Thank you, this works. 

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, yarin.asanth said:

Hi, when comes the RAW driver for the Canon 6D Mark II for the iMac ???

Why it took so much time. In magazines we only can read this the support of Affinity should be so involved. Go for it! 

My experience with Canon: forget for Develop persona in AP, you will lose quality. Much more better is to use for raw file the original Canon Digital Photo Professional 4, which you have free with your camera => better quality, posibility to change Picture Style in DPP4, etc. etc. DPP is also better than Adobe Bridge. Save as tiff file after development in DPP4 and then use AP, which is for after job better than Photoshop. This is the best process for Canon raw, without any stupid Adobe tool. :-))

On 22.2.2018 at 8:35 AM, Jiri12 said:

My experience with Canon: forget for Develop persona in AP, you will lose quality. Much more better is to use for raw file the original Canon Digital Photo Professional 4, which you have free with your camera => better quality, posibility to change Picture Style in DPP4, etc. etc. DPP is also better than Adobe Bridge. Save as tiff file after development in DPP4 and then use AP, which is for after job better than Photoshop. This is the best process for Canon raw, without any stupid Adobe tool. :-))

Hi, thank you very much. I bought Lightroom 6 for the RAW part instead of the CC and I'm happy at the moment with the results. I give a 16 bit TIFF sRGB to Affinity and it works. What do you think about this? I never used the Canon Software but I have it on the iMac. Do you think that it's better quality with RAW than Lightroom 6? 

On 25. 2. 2018 at 4:31 PM, yarin.asanth said:

Hi, thank you very much. I bought Lightroom 6 for the RAW part instead of the CC and I'm happy at the moment with the results. I give a 16 bit TIFF sRGB to Affinity and it works. What do you think about this? I never used the Canon Software but I have it on the iMac. Do you think that it's better quality with RAW than Lightroom 6? 

Hi! My job is also a reproduction of paintings, graphics, etc. I use mainly Canon EOS 5D III and professional lenses. In the past I used Photoshop and Adobe Camera raw. Adobe had a very good result, but you cannot change Picture style and other specific Canon staff.

But now I canceled all Adobe SW and use only Canon DPP 4 for development and then Affinity Photo. Excelent!

In DPP: 1. white balance, 2. lens correction, 3. raw cropping (with some additional edges), 4. change Picture style (in my job mainly to Fine Detail), 5. try contrast, then save as tiff 16 bit, 300 dpi, Wide Gamut RGB.

Then in AP a lot of adjustments also in Wide Gamut - in Photo persona, Liquify persona, etc. Export to pdf in CMYK or tif in Wide Gamut or jpg in RGBs...

I love AP, but for Canon raw development I use only Canon SW :-)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.