You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Linking Save Locations and Export Locations

I'm really enjoying using this program, but I feel like I must be missing some setting some where that will fix this slight issue. I start working on a new project, I save the new project to a location then go to export finished project and it goes to different folder. Example: Test Project 01, saving it in Work/2017/October. Then later when I go to export the file, I just keep assuming it will go to where I saved the file, but the export file always goes to the last place I exported to. So the example might be, Test Project 01.jpg exporting to Work/2017/September. I know that I can just move the file, but is there a way to get Affinity to save and export to whatever was used last for one or the other. Like I don't care which one I changed last, I just want them to both go to that same spot. Because chances are if I'm saving something I'm going to be exporting part of that project to the same spot.

Would love to hear some suggestions regarding directory structures for Mac users.  How best to coordinate having the original RAW image, .afp, and a post-manipulated exported jpg.  Three different directories?  The RAW and the post-edit jpg can be imported into the Mac's Photo application's database, but apparently not the .afp file.     Any advice appreciated as to what works for others.    Thanks.

I prefer the present behaviour apart from one glitch. Export will export to the last directory I exported to. Open will open from the last directory I opened from unless I have just exported, in which case it first looks in the directory I last exported to rather than the one I last opened from. I'm not sure if it regularly does this, but it certainly did it this morning!

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

21 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

I prefer the present behaviour apart from one glitch. Export will export to the last directory I exported to. Open will open from the last directory I opened from unless I have just exported, in which case it first looks in the directory I last exported to rather than the one I last opened from. I'm not sure if it regularly does this, but it certainly did it this morning!

I get that some people may like it, but couldn't there just be an option that will let the user decide?