Zbigg

Measure/dimension hardly legible...

Hello,

Just noticed measuring text while moving an object is hardly legible - could the measurement labelling be somehow adjusted?

i.e. size, font, color, style ?

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64+AmdFX+24GB RAM

Not sure if this is what is being referred to, but occasionally I have noticed the text size does appear to be different depending if you pull from a corner to maintain the aspect ratio or from the side to change the width. The text is larger when the 'W:' is missing. (See screenshots).

normal.png

no-w-larger-text.png

Windows Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Windows 10 Home (v1809). Windows scaling 115% 

On 10/13/2017 at 2:37 PM, Zbigg said:

Hello,

Just noticed measuring text while moving an object is hardly legible - could the measurement labelling be somehow adjusted?

i.e. size, font, color, style ?

Would you be able to post a screenshot please? Also what Display DPI and resolution are you using?

Apologies Sean, false alarm. I dragged the guideline not the text, which you can do when the text is selected as shown in the screenshot.

screenshot.png

Windows Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Windows 10 Home (v1809). Windows scaling 115% 

Hi, is there a solution now? I've got the same problem using only a full HD Screen with 24''. I can really hardly read the numbers. Especially on dark backgrounds like in the image of the previews post.

Hey Fion Noir,

Unfortunately not yet. The bug was only reported less than 2 weeks ago and although it is with development, it hasn't been resolved yet. They are currently working  hard on fixing critical stability issues for the 1.6 release. 

Hate this!. 90% of my work with dark images.

And why vertical dimension has VERTICAL numbers? You really think this more comfortable for read than horizontal text?

Just compare with PS:

Dim_hate.png

On 31.10.2017 at 6:10 PM, Chris B said:

Ah, fair enough. It was only logged 2 weeks ago, then :15_yum: I think it definitely needs addressing though.

Hi! Any news about fix? It tool still not usabel...

frag1.png

Seems a fixed color for the distances and a white glow (?) around each character - not sure if changeable, but certainly not easy on the eyes (if readable). The horizontal/vertical, color, size and glow should all be adjustable. But, since this has been going on (reported) since end of August... ho hum.