Sign in to follow this  
gse

Stacking - Object Removal via Median not working

Very disappointed. I'll be honest, I only really bought Affinity to do one job, which was to remove 'object/people' from Photos.  Having bought it yesterday, I tried the stack/median method and I took three photos using a tripod ensuring my subject (stuffed monkey) placed in three separate positions to make sure the background content was clear (i.e. no overlapping of subject). I now attach the result.You can see my subject in at least 2  locations.  Any ideas, before I try and get my money back!

Median stack.jpg

Edited by gse
Better Title Description

Done some more testing and it appears that you get better results the more images you have. Maybe 3 wasn't enough to be fair. I was probably over critical and was thinking I'd just wasted my money. Again, to be fair, it's excellent value for what you get. 

Hi gse

It is true, the more images you provide that app the better calculations. The calculation is done per pixels with fewer images there is less of a sample to take an average from hence the ghosting

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Chris

Thanks for the reply.

I also noticed that the less complex the background the more reliable it is too.

Much happier now !

Cheers