You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush strokes glitch

Hello,
I have some issues with affinity I wanted to draw small details (mostly points) on a drawing without changing my brush size(with pressure enabled )  and ended up with max size points
Is an hidden option somewhere where I can disable this "Oversized points"'s stuff ?
here an example :

thanks !

what.jpg

4 hours ago, Nash976 said:

Seems like there is no solution for our issues...

Seems like there is no solution for our issues...

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

On 12/10/2017 at 9:38 PM, Nash976 said:

Hello,
I have some issues with affinity I wanted to draw small details (mostly points) on a drawing without changing my brush size(with pressure enabled )  and ended up with max size points
Is an hidden option somewhere where I can disable this "Oversized points"'s stuff ?
here an example :

thanks !

You can edit the current brush to apply pen pressure to brush size, or there is an option on the context toolbar to force pressure.

On 17.10.2017 at 3:40 PM, Mark Ingram said:

You can edit the current brush to apply pen pressure to brush size, or there is an option on the context toolbar to force pressure.

At minimum pressure, the point is not minimal. If you draw a line with variable pressure, you can reach the minimum diameter. If you just touch the tablet with a stylus, you get a big dot. In the video, you can see. You can draw lines of any thickness, but the point of the minimum diameter can not be put. This is an AP bug. In other programs, this is not true.
Perhaps because of the difficulties of translation, it's hard for me to understand. But I've already written about this problem many times, but the problem with the Wacom tablet remains relevant.

Windows 11 64-bit,

I really looked forward this AP as a web-comic artist and this "point bug" is killing me :/
It's unfortunate because all the other options are really perfects

But because of this, I can't work for with affinity... :(
I hope this will be fixed.

The brush behavior for the point and the line is different.
Dependence of diameter on pressure when drawing a line is seen in the lower screenshot. The line shows the minimum diameter with the minimum pressure.

3.thumb.png.d9c1b6ed10c2338115df59dff5d09123.png
Dependence of diameter on pressure when drawing a point in fact looks like the illustration below.
2.png.c25cdef30a6a99ee6efa2f0d9192bad1.png
At the same time, a minimum diameter is displayed in the live view of the brush.

Windows 11 64-bit,

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

What makes you think that we don't notice the problem?

Because I saw Max N keep asking about it even in another thread but no any replied about fixing this problem from Serif

also this bug seem to link to another bug that leaving dot when moving canvas since January 2017 and still not fix.

Anyway I'm just doing trial with hope that this might replace photoshop and got into this killer bug so I'll just back to PS.

I see a lot of potential in Affinity I wanna say I would buy it even it cost like $100 but with better stability and performance.

You  guys should focus more on digital art users I belive you could gather a lot of money.Many people hate subscribtion model use this at your advantage.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.