You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Select > Same Fill / Stroke / Both command

In the Vector Persona, it would be REALLY useful to have a Select > Same Object Fill, Select > Same Object Stroke, etc (see attached image for reference) as well as a way to Save and Load selections....

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Why not go all the way then and also have :

Select same

· Stroke width, colour, opacity or noise

· Object width, colour, opacity or noise

· Corner type

· Corner radius

· Font

· Text size

(I suppose that's what ronnyb meant with “etc”  ;) )

Having said that, it is probably a good idea to apply some common sense here. Do you really need to select the same corner type, for instance? Then again, once AD has proper (as in “linked”) character, paragraph and object styles, you could just do a “select same style” and have it all…

• 3 months later...

Does anybody have a work around for selecting the same colour in affinity? I really want to jump from illustrator over to Affinity full time but can't without this feature or something similar. I have to change colours across multiple layers on practically every single project I work on... clients always want to try out colour variations! Maybe I'm missing something but as it stands would I just have to go from layer to layer selecting all the same colours by hand?

• 1 year later...

I don't know how many are experiencing problems because they are Adobe Photoshop users prior to moving to Affinity Photo, but I for one do experience difficulty adjusting and this is my problem not Affinity Photo. Although it would be nice if Affinity Photo was just like Adobe Photoshop CS6, I am sure there would be legal issues down the road. As I always say when I have to learn something new and it makes me feel uncomfortable, IT'S AN ADVENTURE and at 74, I'm in a hurry.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Allan