You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.85

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is a beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Updated ExifTool to 10.63 (from 10.58)
  • Fixed Retouch Tools failing to work correctly in 32bit
  • Fixed Lens correction not being applied to Canon Powershot S100 raw file
  • Fixed Canon EOS 7D Mark II: colour fringing issues
  • Fixed Angle and Tilt for Wacom and Surface Pen
  • Fixed Colour Panel switches back when trying to change non-Tint sliders on Global Colours
  • Fixed Font Traits cause a Font Family to appear multiple times under Used Fonts
  • Fixed Colour Chooser dialog missing 'selected colour node' in the Sliders waterfall
  • Fixed Heading and Pitch do not update with Equirectangular Projection
  • Fixed Fonts are not organised by weight in font lists
  • Fixed Alt+LMB+RMB doesn't update size/hardness in Tone Mapping context toolbar
  • Fixed Layer > Hide and Show are missing from the Layer Menu
  • Fixed Live lighting bump map opacity reverts to 0
  • Fixed Multiply blend in 32bit RGB
  • Fixed Live Perspective filter layers with degenerate transforms
  • Fixed attempting to refine an existing mask after a crop leads to brush offset issues
  • Fixed Patch Tool Hintline not updating when selection is source is ticked
  • Fixed adding to selection when using Freehand Selection Add mode moving selection
  • Fixed clicking Reset in Defringe changes the Hue to 240 degrees (changed default hue to 270)
  • Fixed crash after selecting brush tool following a frequency separation
  • Fixed artifacts appearing when Depth of Field Live filter placed above Curves Adjustment
  • Fixed being unable to edit Brush Dynamic curve nodes
  • Fixed Adjustment dialog staying open when an Adjustment is deleted
  • Fixed Backspace does not delete node on curves adjustment
  • Fixed being unable to edit swatch via double click
  • Fixed shortcut keys not working in RAW develop persona
  • Fixed camera response function estimation
  • Fixed Mesh tool, Perspective tool, and Crop Tool to honours tool handle size
  • Fixed invalid selections when document size or DPI are changed
  • Fixed Save As on a Read Only file removing the Read Only flag
  • Fixed Gradient Type being reset when changing node colour
  • Fixed Brush Editor values appearing with loss of precision
  • Fixed Edit text styles Baseline not correctly applying
  • Fixed Brush Editor and Context Toolbar not properly linked
  • Fixed Dodge brush does not have protect hue enabled by default
  • Fixed Opening a file in conjunction with Reopen Last Document opens a Read Only file
  • Fixed Blend Range channel list doesn't update after changing colour mode
  • Fixed Align Left on Paragraph tab fails to work
  • Fixed Baseline value can be set to -0%
  • Fixed Leading Override Up/Down arrows fail when set to Auto

JUKEBOX%20THANK.gif

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

38 minutes ago, IndigoMoon said:

Oops! The upper tools settings frame and the right panels frame (adjustment, layers, etc.) disappear after closing an image...

Same here, but they come back when you open a file or create a new one.

Exactly the same thing in Designer .85

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Thanks Mark...

Yes same error with the UI as above. Tools do return after opening another image. My UI settings are default in AP '85

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Question -> bug -> improvement

Within v1.5, opening a RAW image does not not assign the active present.
Boring because I made profiles for my Nikon matching the original camera settings.

However, when a new raw is loaded, I always have to select another one first and click back on my profile again before it applies those settings.
Same is still valid for the Beta versions.
I would suggest, or jump back to default when opening a new image or apply the last active preset.

The current situation is incorrect: Showing the present as if applied, but it applied the default.

Apply default.JPG

Zooming raw files (Canon).  When zooming in or out I frequently get a white line down the side (usually left side but can be right) or top (or occasionally both) of the image.  Also, I seem to get it every time if I use CTRL0.  It's worse in develop persona but also shows up (with thinner white line) in photo persona having developed the raw file.

On checking, I'm getting the same in 1.5.2.69 - not used raw files in Affinity before.

Thanks.

Inpainting brush in 32 bit mode: Preview exposure changes color of marked area. Is that on purpose? Wouldn't it be more logical if the color of the marked area was always red?

Healing brush in multi layered images: Performance when using "layers beneath" as source is still very bad, hardly usable at all.

Masks in 32 Bit: Preview exposures still influences the grey tones shown when editing a mask. If I paint an area in middle grey (grey value 128) and increase the preview exposure this area becomes white and if I decrease the exposure the area becomes black.

Masks in 32 Bit: I have a 32 Bit panorama with a total of 3 layers. If I add a mask and edit it using the mask edit feature the brush strokes are so slowly applied that I have to wait minutes for Affinity to complete the process. The corresponding file is a 32 Bit .afphoto file and the image is 12341 X 5524 pixels.