You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6 - Beta 11)

8 minutes ago, TheOtherRoland said:

I was trying to avoid this, but I might give it a try. Whatever the issue, it's nothing obvious from my perspective.

TheOtherRoland: If you go to System Preferences and create a new Admin account, log out and then reenter the newly created account, does the problem still exist when you launch the Affinity app?

rusty - Macintosh: macOS Big Sur 11.1. Memory 16 GB

1 hour ago, MBd said:

(and I've actually had very nice contact with other devs so in my experiences serif is not the only one but that is just a side note)

That is nice to hear.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Now since that is squared away, getting back on topic, trying out Beta 11, I can confirm that two of the problems I reported in the previous thread so far seemed to have been resolved. There is still an issue, however, with the Pressure window. Deleting a node still deletes the whole object. However, I noticed if the node is dragged slightly first and then deleted, just the node will delete.

Other than that, everything looks good as far as I can tell, but I can't guarantee I won't bug you in the future. :P

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Okay, I think four hours later is a good time to start bugging you again (as I choke on my coffee from laughing). While I was shopping at JCPenny thinking of shapes, I remembered that there wasn't a way to select individual objects in a compound shape via Cmd key in the previous beta. Comparing them and this beta to the commercial version, I didn't have to expand my compound layer. Tisk tisk, Matt.

On 2017-10-14 at 5:20 PM, A_B_C said:

TheOtherRoland: When you give it a try, make sure to back up your libraries before … brushes, styles … :)

That's the part I wanted to avoid - finding out what parameters/things I'd lose in the trade-off. Testing the BETA is not that important for me. More a pleasant distraction to feed my curiosity. But I might persist because I don't like unanswered mysteries. :)

My BOOK (created with Publisher, Designer & Photo):
Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way)

My WEBSITE (also developed using Affinity apps):
www.RolandK.ca — "Relentless adventures in self-expression"

[Power Mac & Intel PC (HighSierra/Monterey/Win 10]

On 2017-10-14 at 5:05 PM, rusty5 said:

TheOtherRoland: If you go to System Preferences and create a new Admin account, log out and then reenter the newly created account, does the problem still exist when you launch the Affinity app?

I may try that, too.

My BOOK (created with Publisher, Designer & Photo):
Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way)

My WEBSITE (also developed using Affinity apps):
www.RolandK.ca — "Relentless adventures in self-expression"

[Power Mac & Intel PC (HighSierra/Monterey/Win 10]

Export to JPG

I created a brand new project in Designer 1.6 b11 running in OpenGL display mode, created a single artboard with several layers that have multi-step linear gradients in them. Then popped this project into Photo 1.6.6 b6 to get a more realistic perspective. I then went back into AD and exported it to JPG, and noticed vertical lines in the image. I immediately did a second export, and this time got more of those lines. I did notice those lines appearing in AD as I was working on the project, but they went away pretty quickly.

I have not done anything more with this project, and will be willing to share the project file with you for troubleshooting, if needed.

Sunset in Flight 2.jpg

Sunset in Flight.jpg

• Staff
6 hours ago, Michael Sheaver said:

I have not done anything more with this project, and will be willing to share the project file with you for troubleshooting, if needed.

Is there any chance you could send me the file to support@seriflabs.com - I'll be able to pick it up from there - thank you!!! :)

On 10/14/2017 at 3:36 PM, Alfred said:
On 10/14/2017 at 3:24 PM, MBd said:

Is there some more wisdom you might want to share with us?

Is there some more wisdom you might want to share with us? :P

Seems like as good a place as any to post this:

59e479fb3253f_offenedshortly.jpg.93caadac91fb821d9c4ebd898f6f7e31.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Is there any chance you could send me the file to support@seriflabs.com - I'll be able to pick it up from there - thank you!!! :)

Matt, I have sent an email to the support mailbox with the dropbox link to this file; let me know if you are able to retrieve it.

• Staff
12 minutes ago, Michael Sheaver said:

Matt, I have sent an email to the support mailbox with the dropbox link to this file; let me know if you are able to retrieve it.

Thanks Michael, message received and I've replied to you directly.

From looking at the file, it seems the problems lay with the Live Perspective itself so I've enlisted the help of the Photo team to resolve it.

Thanks again,

Matt

Hi Matt,

in general, I have the impression that the new OpenGL version is very stable and snappy. However, I noticed some redrawing lags in the new iteration which are not present in the App Store version. When I create some random rectangles on a small 1000 by 1000 pixels canvas, add linked slices, and perform some zooms in Export Persona, the slices framework will remain in place for a moment. And when I resize an artboard, the artboard background will not update immediately. Maybe this is due to my old (yet reliable …) hardware setup, but I thought it would not be out of place to share two videos.

Keep up the wonderful work!

Cheers, Alex :)

Redrawing-Lags.mov

Redrawing-App-Store-Version.mov

• Staff
13 hours ago, A_B_C said:

Hi Matt,

in general, I have the impression that the new OpenGL version is very stable and snappy. However, I noticed some redrawing lags in the new iteration which are not present in the App Store version. When I create some random rectangles on a small 1000 by 1000 pixels canvas, add linked slices, and perform some zooms in Export Persona, the slices framework will remain in place for a moment. And when I resize an artboard, the artboard background will not update immediately. Maybe this is due to my old (yet reliable …) hardware setup, but I thought it would not be out of place to share two videos.

Keep up the wonderful work!

Cheers, Alex :)

Redrawing-Lags.mov

Redrawing-App-Store-Version.mov

Thanks Alex!

I've already fixed part of the artboard problem and I'm aware of the issue with the export persona (and guides) so I'll try to look at them soon

Thanks!

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.