You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo needs path text! For 3D users,  features of both Designer and Photo are needed in one application. Vectors with Alpha-channels! Having to rasterize path-text to add an alpha-channel etc is unacceptable.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/12/2017 at 2:21 AM, dutchshader said:

maybe the attached file will help, just copy and paste the text.

and you have text on a path in photo

textonapath.afphoto

This should be added in Affinity Photo as a Text Tool.  I think it adds value to the program and expands it functionality.  I have a thread on this subject and was generously (Paul Mudditt) provided a macro.  

Please Serif, just add this feature.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

11 minutes ago, Cecil said:

This should be added in Affinity Photo as a Text Tool.  I think it adds value to the program and expands it functionality.  I have a thread on this subject and was generously (Paul Mudditt) provided a macro.  

Please Serif, just add this feature.

I agree. Maybe in the future they will see it. I hope so.

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

1 hour ago, HarryMcGovern said:

I agree. Maybe in the future they will see it. I hope so.

BTW, when you say copy and paste the file, I could not figure out how to do this IPAD.  Is this a macro or other type file?

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

2 hours ago, Cecil said:

This should be added in Affinity Photo as a Text Tool.  I think it adds value to the program and expands it functionality.

Yes, it would do that, but it would also reduce user motivation to purchase the other Affinity apps. Over the years, the staff have at least hunted hinted (if not outright admitted) that one of the reasons for the relatively low price of each of them is the expectation that a large number of buyers of one of the apps will like what they see enough to buy at least one if not both of the others.

So adding multiple features from one of the apps to the others that do not include them would likely significantly reduce their net revenue, which in turn would reduce the money they can devote to financing further development & still keep the doors open.

Because of this, I believe we can expect to see features like this added, but slowly over a number of years to minimize the impact on their business model.

Edited by R C-R

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

You are probably right Cecil. And it’s a good point actually. Actually in the case of text of text flow on a curve it can be achieved with the macro because the underlying engine is the same across all three apps.

And Photo is fundamentally a ‘photo modifying’ app.

Designer a ... Design app and so on.

otherwise we would have just one app, very expensive, very big, and useless. Instead what we have are three streamline apps that talk to each other very smoothly. You can even open one apps files in the others. How cool is that.

Colour me a happy Affinity user.

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

I don’t disagree with Serif or positions stated above to improve company profitability.  I just don’t know if they have a business model that determines how many users own multiple programs or how many users tried AP trial and did not purchase because they lack expected features.  As a hobby, AP is the only program I need or better stated purchased.  Macro works, if one is aware of the feature,  has the ability to create or discover a download.  

Cecil 

• 6 months later...