I read that the windows shortcut for brush size and hardness are holding Alt + Right Mouse Button and then dragging left/right or up/down. However this is not working for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Emskverd,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Yes, that's the correct shortcut keys but you have to press and hold both the ⌥ (option/alt) key and the right mouse button (keep the right-mouse button pressed as well) then while doing it left-click/drag horizontally to set brush size and vertically to set the brush hardness.

25 minutes ago, Emskverd said:

... Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, you also have to use the left click button as well as the right click button

Just practice getting the order right or grow some more fingers

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Hi guys

I keep trying to use the shortcut to change the Pixel brush size on Windows (10) with a Wacom (Intuos 5) tablet and pen on Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135 but can't make it work...

I defined one of the pen button to be the right clic. And try to use the Alt-Right-Click+Click (to mimic Alt-LMB-RMB) but I keep activating the Color Picker... My sanity would gladly appreciate any help...

EDIT with solution:

The trick was to NOT define a Right Click on the Pen button but to assign the button with a keyboard modifier (Right Click modifier)!
By setting the button to Keyboard/Modificator/Right Click it WORKS!
I put a picture. It's in french but the idea is there.

Once done the shortcut works.
Can't stop finding this hack unnecessary, dumb, and frustrating...

Hope that helps :)

Julien

Capture d'écran 2018-12-27 14.22.47.png

Edited by juliencollee
Provided solution

Hey, I just installed version Affinity Photo 1.7.0 on Windows, but holding the right mouse button and the alt key on my keyboard doesn't let me resize the brush.

Do you have some ideas on what might be the problem here?