You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys, im just using affinity photo editor. How do i get more than 1 photo on the same page. Now to save confusion, im not wanting to know how to get 2 or 3 windows on the same page. Im wanting 2/3/4 actual photos to be on one page (so i can actually print them out as 1, or in my case upload 4 photos as a single photo onto my website)

Hope you understand and cheers for the help 

As dutchshader says

Make one page the size you want, then load each photo by going File > Place. As you do, you get a place pointer, drag that to set the size.

If you want different cropping for each photo, draw rectangles the size you want on the page first. Select a rectangle, click on Insert inside the selection

insert.png.a447bdb529cb0332d1fa2a925c33d881.png

or the menu Arrange > Insertion Inside

then go File > Place, and drag the pointer over the rectangle to size the image.  That will put the images inside the rectangles. You can then move them, crop them and rotate them as you wish.

Note, you have to click Insert Inside each time, it doesn't stay on.

deers.jpg.df7173c87d8061fa77b65b4489fac57c.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Thanks for your replies

Im still having issues. So im doing this to import images for a blog post on my website, the image quality has to be perfect. Ive gone to new and chosen 'web' as my document. From there I've placed an image. As standard it inserts too big so i reduce the size to fit the white screen but it looks blurry on my screen.....How do i fix this? Is using 'Web' correct for a blog post? 

Thanks again for the help, its very appreciated 

10 minutes ago, SteveSmith said:

Ok mate ill try that, excuse me im a novice here. My worry was loading times on pages due to large files. Ive been told they need to be 72 dpi for the web

That doesn't stop you working higher then downsizing when you export. 

And who on earth is asking for dpi for a website ?

dpi has nothing to do with websites, its a print thing. PPI maybe but not dpi

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

4 minutes ago, SteveSmith said:

Ive been told they need to be 72 dpi for the web

That's a very widely spread myth! DPI/PPI settings determine how close the dots/pixels are when sent to an output device such as a printer, but screen displays (and therefore web browsers) only know about pixels. Just set the pixel dimensions to whatever you need.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Here is a video: Affinity Photo - Understanding DPI

If you prefer to read about it, there are several links in my old post that I've quoted below:

On 19/09/2016 at 7:37 PM, Alfred said:

The Photoshop 'Save For Web' option is really about optimizing your images for small file sizes. DPI/PPI is only relevant when printing, and it's completely meaningless for display on a computer screen: you just need to export the images at the required pixel dimensions.

Say No to 72 dpi

DPI and photos

The Myth of DPI

What DPI do web images need to be? (spoiler alert: it doesn't matter)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)