You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Good Settings for Pressure Sensetive Brush/ Line Width editing

I just got Affinity and Iike it so far.

The brush is giving me trouble.

I want to get a natural thick to thin line with the brush tool and my wacom tablet but the thickness varies wildley and it is frustrating.

Also the variable width for the pen tool in Affinity is lacking or I don't know how to use it properly?

I can use the pen tool to make my line but when I go to the pressure setting the node on both ends move when I need just one end node to move and taper to the thin line and the other end to reamain thick.

Any one else have these problems and maybe solutions?

I've run in to this problem as well.  I just started trying to "ink" some pencil art I scanned in and the pressure sensitivity on my Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid is extremely erratic.  I adjusted the variance and even adjust the pressure sensitivity in my Wacom settings and the preview looks correct until I lift my stylus and it then seems to randomly decide what it will finish like.  It either becomes an all thick or a varied stroke that is a fraction as thick as it's supposed to be.  I'm running Yosemite and I've had the same issue with my CCH and with an Intuos Pro Medium.  Is there something I'm missing?

Are you running the latest Wacom drivers? My Wacom was acting wonky too until I backed up my settings, reinstalled the latest drivers.

Also check your Wacom Tablet settings under System Preferencespost-1105-0-91925300-1423549994_thumb.jpg

1. Tip Feelpost-1105-0-91925300-1423549994_thumb.jpg

2. Customize... button under Tip Feelpost-1105-0-10005900-1423550049_thumb.jpg

post-1105-0-09814700-1423550118_thumb.jpg

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

I'm running the most recent Mac Driver and I played with my sensitivity and tip feel and everything is still very erratic on how well it holds line variations once I lift my stylus.  Trying to work on the same file in both Adobe Illustrator and Affinity Design, the Adobe "brush" maintains the preview format pretty well while the Affinity "brush" seems very random in when it will and won't.  

Hmmm, interesting... I'm running an Intuous Pro and it works fine here.... Which Persona does this happen in, Pixel, Vector or both? 

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 3 months later...