StuartPearson

Unable to load document error message

Hey Chris. Thanks for offering to help! Can you let me know the best way to do this on an ipad? I tried dragging over to my iCloud files app but it won't seem to upload. It just says "importing one item" and then it never imports. It's said that for over an hour now so I don't think it's going through. Any other work arounds? 

Does it not work dragging to Files (could try the Affinity Photo folder) and then see if it drags to iCloud?

Sorry about this. The issue is, when you just return Home, the document is 'saved' on the Home screen but nowhere else. You need to be making an actual save on iCloud or another location to actually save it! It's a pain, I know. 

20 hours ago, Cori Madison said:

This has now happened to me twice. Days and days of work. 

Hi Cori Madison, I'm sorry to hear that but as I said above, you need to be saving the work to another storage solution such as the cloud as you would on a desktop. 

On 5/22/2019 at 11:38 AM, StuartPearson said:

This issue where the “unable to load document” message is displayed is still happening intermittently 

Saving the photo from project option crashes the app

Running Affinity Photo version 1.6.12.86 on IPad (2017)

I have noticed the same thing happen to me. I edited a picture last night and then got the same message while trying to open the picture today. I am able to duplicate the picture, but can’t save it. My app crashes just as yours did. I also have noticed that some raw images that I use with highpass have some odd things happen too. Pictures don’t turn gray, blend modes either don’t work or only darken the image, changing exposure or saturation can’t be done as well after attempting highpass. This might only be with Canon’s raw images though (CR3). I really hope we can figure this problem out soon for us.

Just had the "unable to open" message, first time I've seen it in a while (latest version 1.8.6.198, tried dragging file to files as suggested earlier but never completes. Wasn't an important file, just playing about with HDR, although if this happened working on a critical image it would be unacceptable. To suggest that the files need to be saved elsewhere defeats the purpose of using an iPad if you always need to remember to save your file, assuming you are not using iCloud. The file storage system process that Affinity uses need to be bug free or at least recoverable to keep confidence in its ability to retain a project. 

Is there any way an automated procedure could be added that would backup the projects to a specified location?