You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Aff. Photo+NIK_One interface results vs the other.

Hello,

I´m using the NIK plug-ins with Aff. Photo.

While I´m editing using the NIK interface the image rendering and general aspect is one. After that when I apply the adjustments to my images, the result is almost always a bit different when viewed again in the Aff. Photo Interface. Usually the adjustments are less stronger and less visible at the end. 

Anyone with the same perception and results?

Thank you.

• Staff

Hi AtelierCunha,

I just tried using the Color Efx plugin on an image and it looked fine when i returned to Affinity Photo.  Can you let me know which of the Nik collection you are having trouble with or do you get the issue with all of them?

Hello friends. Thank you for your messages.

I´m not talking about crops.

I use all the NIK package. While using (as an example) Color Efex Pro, I make adjustments, efects, etc; but when I click Apply the result isn´t that strong and just like what I was seeing in the NIK window.

Could be a perception "problem"? Viewing a 22MP portrait image at 25% zoom to fit on screen (NIK) is smaller that the same image at 25% zoom in Photo (appears bigger and not fit on screen).

• Staff

Hi AtelierCunha,

There's a known issue regarding colour profiles and plugins. The colours will only display correctly inside the plugin if the image is converted to sRGB. This is particularly evident when working with ProPhotoRGB and AdobeRGB.

Note: I'm splitting this thread since the crop discussion is unrelated with the OP question. The new thread is located here: