You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blending skin tones

Trying to paste face of one person onto someone else body. What's the best way to blend skin tones to make as seamless as possible?

I've tried many different methods but feel there must be a more logical way.

Thanks

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, the PS solution brought up by the link didn’t provide information I could apply to my question in AP.  The image I am attaching shows an upper layer with a head of much paler tones then the under layer showing the neck of person whose head I’m trying to replace.  Want to be able to blend the upper head to match skin tones of neck (and rest of body) of lower layered person.  I’ve looked at many tutorials (from frequency separation to blend modes) & have not been able to figure out yet.  I hope I am just missing something obvious that someone can point out to me.

E59CB346-A32C-4188-B687-4A50EDF72D3D.jpeg

That is quite possibly the worst picture you could have uploaded to get help with this. 

If you want more help you really need to upload the full picture at a decent resolution.

blend2.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 10.10.2017 at 3:50 AM, BJP said:

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, the PS solution brought up by the link didn’t provide information I could apply to my question in AP.  The image I am attaching shows an upper layer with a head of much paler tones then the under layer showing the neck of person whose head I’m trying to replace.  Want to be able to blend the upper head to match skin tones of neck (and rest of body) of lower layered person.  I’ve looked at many tutorials (from frequency separation to blend modes) & have not been able to figure out yet.  I hope I am just missing something obvious that someone can point out to me.

E59CB346-A32C-4188-B687-4A50EDF72D3D.jpeg

sorry I pasted the wrong link 

here you go 

cheers 

On 10/10/2017 at 1:07 AM, carl123 said:

That is quite possibly the worst picture you could have uploaded to get help with this. 

If you want more help you really need to upload the full picture at a decent resolution.

blend2.jpg

No reason to sugar coat your response. Didn’t realize how picture quality would degrade in upload. Sorry you needed a picture with better resolution before you could suggest ideas for helping me understand how to better blend tones of two dissimilar photos. Fortunately I had some time to play around with adjustments specifically Levels and HSL & I was able to do a very good job of blending the two photos.  My suggestion to others dealing with this question is to use those adjustments with pre-selected areas of the photo(s) so you can isolate where those adjustments take place.