zookirb

permission was denied/file not found

Affinity photo says the image (JPEG also PNG) could not be opened because permission was denied. Apparently, there is no image that can be opened, for PSDs I get a different message: The file was not found.

This software used to work. I have not changed anything. I'm running Affinity Photo 1.5.2. The files can be opened in Photoshop CS6

Hi Zookirb,

Have you recently installed a load of fonts into Fontbook? I believe there is an Apple Sandbox (as we are an App Store app) permissions issue that is caused by having too many fonts installed into Fontbook.  Do you remember adding any fonts or font related managers between it working and not?

I have not added any fonts to Font Book, in fact that program is a bother. However, I have installed RightFont and added about 4000 fonts to it using a Dropbox connection but I must point out that my home setup is very similar to my work setup where I also use RightFont and Affinity Photo. There are two small differences between the installations: at home I have the fonts on my Mac instead of Dropbox and I'm on Affinity Photo 1.5.1. At work I'm on 1.5.2

BTW, I deleted Affinity Photo from my work Macintosh where I'm having the problems and reinstalled it. There was no change, I get the exact same error messages as before.

OK, the problem is fixed! I unactivated all my RightFont activations, quit RightFont, rebooted my iMac and then AP could now open files that I previously could not open. I then reopened RightFont, reactivated some of my fonts and AP is still working. Apparently, my fonts can affect AP. Thank you for your help, Sean.

Yes, I understand. Once I had the clue that it was a probably a font based problem I knew where to look. I think all graphics programs occasionally have problems, probably because they are so complicated. Adobe has certainly had problems now and then.

As far as I know there is not a list of troubleshooting information available for Affinity products or maybe there is and I just haven't found it.

Thanks again.