Sign in to follow this  
Timber

Best way to simulate paint

Hi, see the attached AP photo file. Want to be able to show this as if it had a decent coat of paint on it. What's the best method of achieving a sample showing it as if it's freshly painted?

It surely needs it, but the idea is to show how much nicer it'd look with a paint job.

Thanks!

House.afphoto

I can make a clipping path, put a color fill layer above, and then use Color blend mode to change the color, but I'd like to clean up the underlaying irregular surface without losing the clapboard horizontal lines and other details. i.e. make it look like a clean even surface paint job but again showing board delineations and details. Suggestions?

Hi Timber,

Unfortunately the nature of this picture might make this task very difficult for you as the paint is peeling off etc. I would recommend trying the techniques in the below video.

C