You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can artboards be used as a "mood" board?

Hi everyone,

I am learning to create vintage logo's. The Udemy course is actually for Adobe Illustrator where they have moodboards for mindmapping.

I am thinking about using artboards as mood boards for mindmapping. I like to have a tall artboard which I store my ideas visually. Then in another artboard I will draw the vintage logo.

However I have the feeling my thinking about this is flawed but do not know where I  go wrong with the use of artboards.

Can you tell me if my idea is good and also the pro's and con's or do and don'ts?

Thank you very much for sharing your ideasand suggestions.

Chris

• Staff

Hi Bad_Wolf,

Welcome to the forums :)

I have never used mood boards myself however I would imagine from what you have described that Art Boards would work fine :)

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hello Callum,

Thank you very much for your reply which I do appreciate.

Affinity Artboards are very powerfull. I created an artboard named "MainDrawing" and another artboard named "MoodBoard". I placed inside the MoodBoard artboard the example images and just draw in the other. It works perfectly for me.

Also the author told me that if I know how to work with Affinity Designer, there would be no problem (it is an Adobe Illustrator course about designing Vintage Logo's). I have no problems creating the Vintage Logo's with Affinity.

Wish you a very nice day and all the best.

Chris