You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Manual in PDF?

• Staff

Hi Steve, you can check out the online help which documents all the software features here: http://affinity.help/beta/designer - there are various topics, such as Key Features in the Introduction book, that give a general overview of the software’s functionality, and then you can find more in-depth topics in most of the other books.

If you’re looking for specific tools (e.g. Node tool, Selection tools, Shape tools etc) they’re found in the Workspace book.

Alternatively, the link is tucked away at the bottom of the main Designer website page, but there’s also a no-frills feature list page which you can get to here: https://affinity.serif.com/designer/full-feature-list/

Hope that helps!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

• 5 months later...
On 06/10/2017 at 6:37 PM, James Ritson said:

Alternatively, the link is tucked away at the bottom of the main Designer website page, but there’s also a no-frills feature list page which you can get to here: https://affinity.serif.com/designer/full-feature-list/

You might want to consider revising the layout of that page. The first thing I see below the heading ‘Affinity Designer Complete Feature List’ is a pair of ‘Buy for Mac’ and ‘Buy for Windows’ buttons, as if the feature list is being offered for sale!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

26 minutes ago, zer0-0ne said:

Is there a PDF version of the online help or a easy way to save it as PDF? I own affinity designer and that's the closest thing to a manual and I'd like to be able to make annotations or bookmark certain pages. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @zer0-0ne. :)

You can bookmark sections of the online help in just the same way as you would with any other web pages; e.g. Symbols or Exporting using Export Persona. As for making annotations to a PDF file, install a PDF printer driver and then ‘print’ the relevant pages to it so that you can add whatever notes you want.

Alfred spacer.png

2 minutes ago, dutchshader said:

That’s for version 1.3, so it doesn’t cover things like constraints and symbols, not to mention new features such as the stroke stabilizer and the glyph browser which were added in version 1.6.

Alfred spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Alfred said:

That’s for version 1.3, so it doesn’t cover things like constraints and symbols, not to mention new features such as the stroke stabilizer and the glyph browser which were added in version 1.6.

Indeed, i did not look at the version number, still might be handy for the basics

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

You might want to consider revising the layout of that page. The first thing I see below the heading ‘Affinity Designer Complete Feature List’ is a pair of ‘Buy for Mac’ and ‘Buy for Windows’ buttons, as if the feature list is being offered for sale!

I'd buy it ;) as long as I get an "Affinity User" discount

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

4 hours ago, Alfred said:

Well, if you think about it, that is exactly what is being offered for sale. :ph34r:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

14 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Well, if you think about it, that is exactly what is being offered for sale. :ph34r:

What is being offered for sale is an implementation of a set of features, not merely a list of those features! ;)

Alfred spacer.png

• 7 months later...