JesseHam

Smart Objects?

On 5/9/2017 at 8:58 PM, MEB said:

Hi mintcar,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can achieve a similar result with embedded documents in Affinity apps. Just drag an Affinity Designer/Photo file over an open document to embed it. You can transform, apply adjustment's, effects etc to the embedded document while keeping its contents intact. To edit the embedded document, double-click it on canvas or select it in the Layers panel and click Edit Document in the context toolbar (with the Move Tool selected) to open it in a new document tab. Edit it to your hearts content then close the embedded document tab. All changes will be reflected in the original document.

Thanks for your valuable information. It will crucial for me.

Daniel Dixon

PHP Developer

I noticed that Publisher has an "image manager" of sorts and abillity to link in images.

Literally Photoshop would be permanently removed if Affinity photo had this also. Automatic update/linking is incredibly useful.

I agree. If they would implement it, Affinity P could be the real PS-killer.

ASUS G751JY [intel HM87 Lynx Point, i7-4860HQ, 24GB DDR3L 2133MHz, GTX 980M, 4GB GDDR5, G-Sync], Windows 10 x64, display: LG Philips LGD046C 17", desktop res: 1080p 75Hz, Audio: Realtek, Competition Pro USB arcade joystick SpeedLink SL-6603-SPORTS-EU, XBox One Bluetooth controller, Microsoft PN7-00004 Bluetooth mouse