You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After transition Aperture to Photos, no access to Tiffs edited with Affinity Photo

Hello, I have been using the Aperture program to edit my pics until I started editing them with Affinity Photo last year, but I didn't  stop importing them to Aperture mainly because I can edit them with Affinity and  it allows me to save them in TIFF format with access, any time,  to all layers I've created, in Aperture.

Now, for fear that in one of the future updates of macOS, Aperture stops working, I have decided to move my libraries from Aperture to Photos.
Before I checked that from the Photos program I could call the Affinity program to edit my pics. I saw that it was an option so i imported one of my libraries. 

Then, after  doing different tests, i have two problems, first, i don´t have access to any of the layers of the TIFFS i edited  and saved with Affinity in Aperture, all previous edition is lost.

And second, it happens also with the pics i start editing  in Photos with Affinity extension, if i edit a photo through  the Affinity extension and then i save it and close it, when i open it again to go on with the edition, the program just allow me to go to the original, but not to the layers. 

did i imported my library correctly ? am i doing anything wrong ?

Thanks

IMAC 27'  i5  32 RAM mid 2011 running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (Photos version 2.0) (Affinity Photo 1.5.2)

Mac Mini 2018/iPad Pro 12.9/Wacom Intuos Pro M

macOS Catalina 10.15.4  + Affinity Designer 1.8.3 / Affinity Photo 1.8.3/ Affinity Publisher 1.8.3

iOS 13.4.1 + Affinity Designer 1.8.3 / Affinity Photo 1.8.3

The limitation is in Apple's Photos app -- it does not save layers or (as you have seen) offer any 'undo' editing options besides reverting to the original Photos library file.

To work around that, you can export photos from Apple's Photos app, open the exported version in Affinity Photo, & save your work as a separate .afphoto file, or use the Affinity Photo Media Browser to open photos from the library & save the work you do on them also as a separate .afphoto file.

But anything saved or added to the Apple Photos Library will be 'flattened' into a single layer file.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

17 hours ago, Miquel said:

Thank you very much ! now its clear.

It will be amazing if one day this fantastic Affinity suite will have the ability to run its own library to be called from the Apple Photos for the edited files. 

Mac Mini 2018/iPad Pro 12.9/Wacom Intuos Pro M

macOS Catalina 10.15.4  + Affinity Designer 1.8.3 / Affinity Photo 1.8.3/ Affinity Publisher 1.8.3

iOS 13.4.1 + Affinity Designer 1.8.3 / Affinity Photo 1.8.3